1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please Help! HTC One S Bootloop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasminefleur, Dec 22, 2012.

1. jasminefleur

jasminefleur Lurker

Hi,

I've had my HTC One S for several month with mostly no issues (apart from our good friends the random HTC glitches!), and this afternoon it switched off with plenty of battery. Here's what happened:

- Switched on Wi-Fi
    - Selected Wi-Fi settings
    - Phone switched off
    - When I try to switch it on it gets to the 'HTC One' screen and then turns black

- When I get home I plug it into my laptop to charge
    - Appears to be charging fine; flashing orange light suggests it had run out of battery
    - When orange light is solid, I switch it on again
    - As soon as it reaches HTC One screen it freezes for a few seconds, turns black and then reboots again

I have gone to the Bootloader screen, and have tried Reboot and Power Off from Fastboot, as well as Recovery, but eventually it just returns to the bootloop.

I haven't installed any new apps recently, and had been using Wi-Fi plenty of times in the last few days. I am adverse to using Factory Reset and Clear Storage because of the contacts, text messages, photos and videos on my phone. Is there any way to get the media off before one of these options? (The media is the main thing I don't want to lose).

Here's what it says on the Bootloader screen:

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** LOCKED ***
    VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.14.0002
    RADIO-1.08es.50.02.21
    OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
    eMMC-boot
    Jun 11 2012, 14:36:28

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    FACTORY RESET
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK
    IMAGE CRC
    SHOW BARCODE

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you so much,

Jasmine :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andyben

andyben Member

sae happens to mine.

factory reset is only way out

3. jasminefleur

jasminefleur Lurker

So is there no way to save the media?

4. olbriar

olbriar  

jasminefleur. Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Prior to doing a factory reset, you might try pulling your battery out forcing a hard reboot. This might not fix your problem but it's always worth a try and you will lose no saved data on your phone in the process. If all else fails, a factory reset is likely your course of action. As far as data is concerned, you can easily salvage what's on your SD card. Your downloaded apps from the play store can be had again... even the paid for apps can be replaced at no cost. Your contacts should be backed up with google services. Your texts and other items stored on the phone's internal storage will likely be lost. I hope it does not come down to a factory reset. It's good for the phone but a hassle with some losses.
    Thanks for using these forums. Best of luck to you.

5. andyben

andyben Member

no battery to pull in One S

6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Hold the power button down for ten seconds and it is the same effect.

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews