1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help!!! I am about to throw my phone out the window!! (not literally really...)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by godsdragon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. godsdragon

godsdragon Android Enthusiast

I downloaded the drivers from LG for my Op V... After numerous trials and errors, I ws finally able to get the software on my computer going, however, after the software scanned my phone (off at this time but USB connected), the software gave me a fatal error... As soon as I turned the phone on, to see if this fixd the problem, the software tells me my phone is disconnected now!!! aghhhh !@#$%^:mad::mad::mad:

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

Reboot both, with the cable disconnected. Then reconnect and try again.

3. godsdragon

OK ... I am really out of wits here... I cannot even contact LG in
    England. Their site is a piece of work. I have not been able to successfully update my phone. I bought the phone in November. I bought protection for it thru Best Buy. Will it be possible for me to exchange my phone for one that I will be able to download drivers and updates for? And what would that phone be? the Triumph? I really do not want to downgrade.. Should I wait? Should I get the slider?:mad::(:thinking:

4. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

If you need the drivers, I have them on my mediafire page. Also, the slider is damn near an Intercept, I don't recommend it. If you do want a new phone, I'd recommend the Wildfire S. My wife is loving her's.

5. godsdragon

I have the drivers, I installed the dirivers you gave me bfore... I am not sure I would like the wildfire... How come you do not think the Triumph or the Slider are good choices?

I am editing this post to let you know that I found a few other threads specifically reviewing the Triumph vs. the Op V... I can see keeping my current phone for another year and a half... Perhaps VM will have dual cores and 4g phones by then...

Thanks for responding...

6. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

What software is it you're trying to run? I didn't need the drivers until I rooted, as soon as I connected my Optimus to my notebook I was able to interact with it.

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Go to there sites.
    What are you trying to accomplish by installing the LG drivers to your pc?
    If you want to transfer files, then turn USB debugging off and on as fast as you can. Then try again.
    If that doesn't work,while conected to pc unplug and reinsert plug on phone end as fast as you can. Might take several attempts.

8. godsdragon

It wont let me do anything, just gives me a fatal error message... I have uninstalled reinstalled, and done everything I know to do.. I have tried with the phone off (which btw is the only way I can at least download the update) I have tried with the phone on, which does not work at all... I tell you this LG software is a piece of work...
    But thanks for trying to help...

Attached Files:

9. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Are you trying to use the LG updater? Lol, that thing has done that ever since I've been a member. There are no updates. The updater just pushes new firmware. All the firmware that's out there for are model is borked anyway.
    If they ever decide to do an update, everbody will know

Edit: the KDZ updater is the same way, Firmware borked..

10. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

Virgin had LG block the updater in the phone

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews