• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help (I can not connect my PREVAIL)

Hi All.
I can not connect my PREVAIL (Build: GINGERBREAD.EJO6) via QPST.
My Prevail is not in ports list (look attach picture #1), i think there should be.

I`he done:
1. Select DM in the Data port menu (##7678# ...)
2. Select USB in the PhoneUtil-DM menu (##8778#...)
3. USB debugging enabled (checked)
4. In the QPST Configuration
a. Ports tab
b. click "Add New Port".... (picture #2)

No Phone :( (picture #3)

PLEASE HELP.

ps. sorry for my english

Attachments

• qwe1.jpg
    qwe1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 227
  • qwe2.jpg
    qwe2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 255
  • qwe3.jpg
    qwe3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 319
Hi All
Within 20 days can not update PRL. QPST all the time displays a message "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands." (attach #1). Many times repeated, no results.
I have SPC code.

Workshop all the time displays a message "... successfully has been written ...", but in the device does not change. (attach #2).
SPC (and Samsung default password) is correct. Phone unlocked in the workshop.

I am surprised at my phone chipset, it is Unknown in the Workshop.
I see also unknown in the debug (##33284# > Configuration) menu. So it must be ? you all right ?
problem because of this ? :(

Please help me!!!

p.s. no solution /Settings/About phone/System Updates/Update PRL. because no service (no signal).

Attachments

• prevail1.jpg
    prevail1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 231
  • prevail2.jpg
    prevail2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Hi All
Within 20 days can not update PRL. QPST all the time displays a message "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands." (attach #1). Many times repeated, no results.
I have SPC code.

Workshop all the time displays a message "... successfully has been written ...", but in the device does not change. (attach #2).
SPC (and Samsung default password) is correct. Phone unlocked in the workshop.

I am surprised at my phone chipset, it is Unknown in the Workshop.
I see also unknown in the debug (##33284# > Configuration) menu. So it must be ? you all right ?
problem because of this ? :(

Please help me!!!

p.s. no solution /Settings/About phone/System Updates/Update PRL. because no service (no signal).

The fact you got qpst to open up service programming at all is a wow. I have added the port had it see the phone but before service programming opens it closes with unknown error.

cdma workshop has worked though with no problems or few I should say. when the phone stops responding reboot the phone and reconnect. has always worked for me.

could you have corrupted the /stl5 partition? does the phone now have unknown baseband and hardware? is it stuck in airplane mode?

Upvote 0
The fact you got qpst to open up service programming at all is a wow. I have added the port had it see the phone but before service programming opens it closes with unknown error.

cdma workshop has worked though with no problems or few I should say. when the phone stops responding reboot the phone and reconnect. has always worked for me.

could you have corrupted the /stl5 partition? does the phone now have unknown baseband and hardware? is it stuck in airplane mode?

QPST - there is only one problem: "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands." at write to phone (and read from phone)
Workshop - at the read "Failed to read - Access denied", and at the write PRL successfully, but not working.
After successfully written phone should be automatic reboot ?

stl5 partition -
adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
$ su
su
# dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs
dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs
17920+0 records in
17920+0 records out
9175040 bytes transferred in 1.108 secs (8280722 bytes/sec)
# dd if=/sdcard/cdma.rfs of=/dev/stl5
dd if=/sdcard/cdma.rfs of=/dev/stl5
17920+0 records in
17920+0 records out
9175040 bytes transferred in 2.193 secs (4183784 bytes/sec)

read/write is OK.
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ck-airplane-mode-permanently.html#post3832934

/dev/block/stl5 also is ok.
my phone stuck airplane mode permanently ? how to know ?

p.s. ok, ok i know that is not the thread.

Upvote 0

YES YES and YES to all of the above. I have tried nothing and I'm almost out of ideas... Joking. PLEASE HELP.
I have a backup of the phone done with CWM5 however its been done after the dreaded failure.:thinking:[/QUOTE]
If you corruputed the stl5 partition, nothing you can do will help. CWM5 makes back ups of the OS. stl5 is beneath that and CWM doesn't make a backup of that portion of the phone. You're screwed. If you cannot make calls with the phone get in touch with Samsung and claim warranty. They'll help you out. They are the only ones with the necessary tools to fix the stl5. Good luck.

Reactions: MonkeySchool
Upvote 0
QPST - there is only one problem: "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands." at write to phone (and read from phone)
Workshop - at the read "Failed to read - Access denied", and at the write PRL successfully, but not working.
After successfully written phone should be automatic reboot ?

stl5 partition -
adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
$ su
su
# dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs
dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs
17920+0 records in
17920+0 records out
9175040 bytes transferred in 1.108 secs (8280722 bytes/sec)
# dd if=/sdcard/cdma.rfs of=/dev/stl5
dd if=/sdcard/cdma.rfs of=/dev/stl5
17920+0 records in
17920+0 records out
9175040 bytes transferred in 2.193 secs (4183784 bytes/sec)

read/write is OK.
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ck-airplane-mode-permanently.html#post3832934

/dev/block/stl5 also is ok.
my phone stuck airplane mode permanently ? how to know ?

p.s. ok, ok i know that is not the thread.
If you can make phone calls from the phone then your phone is not stuck in airplane mode. You should also see signal bars next to the clock in the status bar. If it is stuck in airplane mode your signal bars might have an x next to it or no signal bars at all and an airplane instead.

As for the phone. Connect to it with CDMA WS. Send the Samsung (default) password. The phone will accept it. After that everything will be easier. Just remember that if it reboots then you'll have to send the default password again.

You can also read the efs partition with qpst's efs explorer. Changing it is a risky process though. Sometimes it works and sometimes it'll lock the phone's radio. Just make sure that any file you change in there you have the original of.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
YES YES and YES to all of the above. I have tried nothing and I'm almost out of ideas... Joking. PLEASE HELP.
I have a backup of the phone done with CWM5 however its been done after the dreaded failure.:thinking:
If you corruputed the stl5 partition, nothing you can do will help. CWM5 makes back ups of the OS. stl5 is beneath that and CWM doesn't make a backup of that portion of the phone. You're screwed. If you cannot make calls with the phone get in touch with Samsung and claim warranty. They'll help you out. They are the only ones with the necessary tools to fix the stl5. Good luck.
Thanks KOLOSUS.
It has been 2 years and the phone has been sitting in my OLD cells bin for years, but just wanted to THANK you for the response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones