1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support please help,i can't upgrade to samsung galaxy ACE, 2.3.3. gingerbread latest version.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by habs2habs, Jul 25, 2011.

1. habs2habs

habs2habs Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    hi everyone

today i bought samsung galaxy GT-S5830,on carphonewarehouse it is upgradeable to 2.3.3 gingerbread version.

i downloaded softwares and installed them called(Kies,samsung new PC studio).

When i run the softwares to check for upgrade version it say i have the latest version 2.2.1. (PDA:KB7/PHONE:KB1/CSC:KC2(CPW)

When i run samsung new pc software,it couldn't find my mobile,but KIES software found my mobile

please,can you help me upgrade my mobile to version 2.3.3(gingerbread)

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards habs2habs

Advertisement

2. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Hampshire, UK
    Firstly, the forum has all the answers to this question. |But in short, Kies installs the drivers for the phone to be detected. If not load up kies and select the reinstall drivers option. When connected it will tell you what the latest firmware is. Im in uk and my galaxy ace is on the network 3. They told me gingerbread had been approved and will be rolled out later this week. Be paitient and it will be available soon.

If you cannot wait you can always download and flash it yourself. (again instructions are already available in this forum)

3. habs2habs

habs2habs Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Thank you PJ147 for your reply.

sure i will wait,and download the gingerbread from samsung website.

i called samsung technical support today,and explained to her ,what i was trying to do.

she told me if i download and install the latest firmware,which not from samsung websites,example from (you tube),it will void the warranty.

i even went to carphonewarehouse super store in oxford street,they told me the same thing,that i have to wait for the gingerbread,to be approved from samsung .

so i will wait,i don't want to void the warranty.

thank you so much for telling me that.

goodnight