1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help i think i messed up the unroot process!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by them8guy, Oct 12, 2014.

1. them8guy

them8guy Newbie

so i unrooted my htc m8 , now relocked bootloader s-on, stock recovery but the root checker says the device does not have proper root access please help , will and OTA remove the unproper root ?? please help please , if not then what is the other way

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Paul25

Paul25 Well-Known Member

i am not sure what you mean. You wont have root access if you have returned to stock. Does your bootloader screen say locked ?

3. them8guy

them8guy Newbie

i restored with the stock unrooted backup and relocked my boot leader ,s-on and stock recovery and now im downloading 4.4.3 update as the backup restore was of 4.4.2 so i was hoping that the update will solve my problem .

4. them8guy

them8guy Newbie

it is stock relocked bootleader , s-on , stock recovery but root checker says says the device does not have proper root access , will the OTa 4.4.3 update fix this , when i restored the stock backup it was 4.4.2.

5. Paul25

Paul25 Well-Known Member

Have you checked the thread for returning to stock. Is busybox and SU deleted and is it your own stock backup ?

6. them8guy

them8guy Newbie

Yeah it's not mine but there is no busybox or super su but only the root checker app tells me my phone does not have proper root access, the others say I don't have root

7. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

Then you are probably not rooted. Taking an OTA whilst being rooted isn't meant to be a good idea anyway.

8. dautley

dautley Android Expert

Actually the 4.4.3 ota will install over completely stock but rooted 4.4.2, on Verizon anyway.
    Again, I can only speak for the Verizon version but you will lose root taking the OTA from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3, the only way to get root back is to be s-off.
    You should never go from s-off back to s-on and then take a OTA unless you plan on never being able to root again. Luckily Sunshine can still s-off most M8's on 4.4.3.

9. them8guy

them8guy Newbie

Yeah I don't plan on rooting again , and the OTA installed smoothly nothing went wrong , Looks like I'm back to stock now that's everyone for helping me .

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews