• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help! I Think Sprint's Recent Evo4G Update 5.07.651.1 Messed Up My Phone!

To make a really long story short, after Sprint's recent ota 5.07.651.1 (the update that came with the Sprint connections optimizer) was installed on my phone, I could no longer download or update ANY apps on the android/google play market while connected to 4G. Went to the Sprint store to get it fixed, they tried and failed, got a new replacement handset with ota 5.07.651.1 already installed, same exact issue. Reached the conclusion that the update screwed things up. Downloaded and tried to use this RUU file to revert back to the old build right before this one (4.67.651.1):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1484240

This was unsuccesful as the error message it gave me said:

ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.

Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again.

My hboot is 2.18.0001, is there a version of the above RUU file that is compatible with my bootloader version?

Reactions: wfussner
To make a really long story short, after Sprint's recent ota 5.07.651.1 (the update that came with the Sprint connections optimizer) was installed on my phone, I could no longer download or update ANY apps on the android/google play market while connected to 4G. Went to the Sprint store to get it fixed, they tried and failed, got a new replacement handset with ota 5.07.651.1 already installed, same exact issue. Reached the conclusion that the update screwed things up. Downloaded and tried to use this RUU file to revert back to the old build right before this one (4.67.651.1):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1484240

This was unsuccesful as the error message it gave me said:

ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.

Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again.

My hboot is 2.18.0001, is there a version of the above RUU file that is compatible with my bootloader version?
Your link errored ...
is this your link?
Please Help! I Think Sprint's Recent Evo4G Update 5.07.651.1 Messed Up My Phone! - xda-developers
If so, like Capt said you can unlock your bootloader with HTCdev method

Upvote 0
ok to answer why you could not use the ruu is because ruu's are not backwards compatible. they only work if your software is older then the software in the ruu. so becuase the your phone had 5.07 the 4.67 ruu will not work. unfortunately there has not been a 5.07 ruu out yet. not as why there is not a ruu for 5.07 yet.

so the only way to downgrade is to root the phone via HTCdev method and flash a 4.67 rom.

here is the guide if you want:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones