1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help identify tablet and charger.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by russellc, Jul 17, 2013.

1. russellc

russellc Lurker

Hello all. This is my first post.

A while ago I was given a generic 10" Chinese tablet called SuperPad III by my brother. I was told it still worked but he had no need for it. I opened the box for the first time the other day and found the charger is missing. My brother can't recall what happened to it nor what type it was.

The box it came in is exactly like this:
    http://imageshack.us/m/43/4926/dscn4895v.jpg

There is no brand name and the manual is next to useless for specs.

I'm happy to spend a few dollars to buy a charger off ebay to see if it still works. However, I see there are 5V and 9V AC chargers.

Does anyone know which I need to buy? I've seen them on ebay ex Hong Kong for about $5, I just need to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's a generic device indeed. It should just charge via the USB port. You can plug it into your computer via a USB data cable, that should charge it. Or you can use a generic USB charger, they're all pretty much the same. Should be no need to order a USB charger from HK, many tech or electronics places sell them, like Maplin, Amazon or Radio Shack.

3. russellc

russellc Lurker

Thanks for that.

I've tried a couple of 5V AC/DC adapters and also a USB>USB cable to the PC.

No life in it at all as far as I can see. Must be dead!