• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help if you can.

Trendkill

Lurker
Mar 31, 2010
I have had the Sprint version of the HTC Hero since March of this year. Since then, my phone has stopped receiving texts at least 4 times. the first time it happened, all tech support could tell me to do was do a hard reset, which I have done each time this has happened with no difficulties.

Last night, I reset my phone, but when I turned it back on, it couldn't connect to a mobile network. Once I got home, I tried connecting to Wi-Fi and had even less luck. Every time I toggle my mobile network, wifi, or airplane mode, the phone connects to the network in question for about 2 seconds and then immediately diconnects. Any thoughts?

I have had the Sprint version of the HTC Hero since March of this year. Since then, my phone has stopped receiving texts at least 4 times. the first time it happened, all tech support could tell me to do was do a hard reset, which I have done each time this has happened with no difficulties.

Last night, I reset my phone, but when I turned it back on, it couldn't connect to a mobile network. Once I got home, I tried connecting to Wi-Fi and had even less luck. Every time I toggle my mobile network, wifi, or airplane mode, the phone connects to the network in question for about 2 seconds and then immediately diconnects. Any thoughts?

First, don't listen to Sprint tech support, come here for help:)

Were you able to sign in with your google account and everything synced up? Next time go into menu, settings, manage applications and clear data and cache from the messages application. See if that helps

Upvote 0
... or go to a Sprint store and have them replace your defective hardware.

Any hints on how to do this? I have attempted to get help from the Sprint store several times. They tell me that since I have had my phone for more than 30 days, I am SOL. Any "fixing" they have attempted has made my situation worse. :( I just want my internet connection capabilities back!

Upvote 0
Any hints on how to do this? I have attempted to get help from the Sprint store several times. They tell me that since I have had my phone for more than 30 days, I am SOL. Any "fixing" they have attempted has made my situation worse. :( I just want my internet connection capabilities back!

You might try calling Sprint tech support. They should be able to reset the internet access over the phone. (It may be called "provisioning") You may need to call from a different phone. You can start by calling *2, but have another phone available in case they suggest that you call back. This has worked for others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones