1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Please, help if you can.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FilipGereg, Jan 22, 2013.

1. FilipGereg

FilipGereg New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    School
    I live at home.
    So..
    Obviously, its the Optimus L5. Cheap and cheerful.. or not :c
    I was able to play games, use camera, watch pictures, videos etc etc on the phone. Not anymore. Once, the battery died and the phone shut off. When I turned it back on, it was no longer working properly. If I entered a game (for example, Hill Climb Racing) a black screen would appear, like the game was starting, and then disappear with the message "Sorry! Unfortunately, Hill Climb Racing has stopped." It's like this with any other game. When I try to use the camera, it only shows black, although it does work and takes a picture, it only cannot display them. It is weird, when I enter gallery every single picture is black, and then when I zoom into them, they show. When I zoom out, black again. And, when the phone is locked, it reacts on touch buttons!!! I can turn on the screen by touching the touch button! And the very irritating part - nothing works, and it is just EATING the battery while idling!! (probably because of those touch buttons, dunno). Anyway, I was trying and trying to find solutions online, but didn't have any luck.
    Then I got really mad and reseted the phone. That made everything normal again. But I lost everything on the phone.. All savegames, anything on the phone memory.
    I noticed the phone sometimes restarted when I turned off WiFi. I didn't really care that much tho, I just waited for it to restart. But yesterday, it restarted... and turned back on with the EXACT SAME problems as I had before, that novel I just wrote you. I really really don't want to reset it again. It's not running in safe mode, I checked, turned it on in safe mode and restarted, no improvements. No system updates, nothing.

Please help me.. I can reset it as a last resort, but this happened the second time now, and I am sure it will happen again.. And I really don't want to reset it every month or so.

Advertisement

2. rich2626

rich2626 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Male
    New Zealand
    Just take it into a repair shop...

3. FilipGereg

FilipGereg New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    School
    I live at home.
    I lost the warranty.. and I have no intention of paying for something that isn't my mistake. I did a reset. All I can do is hope it won't happen again.