• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help! i'm about to throw this beautiful phone against the wall !! >:O

mariey223

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
Okay people i know i know everyones complaining about the battery life but i'm seriously having issues!!! ( i have the sprint version, not the uk)

i downloaded handcent and have been using that. initially my phone went from 100% awake time to 20-50% awake time. this was fine and dandy for two days. then it went back to 100%. i called sprint and the guy told me to do a factory reset. i did and downloaded handcent again and again had a major drop in awake time. now i'm back to 100% 3 days later and for some reason my htc sense keeps force closing on me! ALSO (don't hate me) i randomly wont get texts. i'm coming from a BB which sucks in terms of features compared to the hero, but at least i can go over a day with heavy use without the phone dying AND i always got my texts/emails asap. please help fellow nerdssssssss!!

btw, the only apps i have downloaded are as follows:
pandora
i music
handcent
backgrounds
movies
ringdroid
ebuddy
facebook

k you're the best!:p

Okay people i know i know everyones complaining about the battery life but i'm seriously having issues!!! ( i have the sprint version, not the uk)

i downloaded handcent and have been using that. initially my phone went from 100% awake time to 20-50% awake time. this was fine and dandy for two days. then it went back to 100%. i called sprint and the guy told me to do a factory reset. i did and downloaded handcent again and again had a major drop in awake time. now i'm back to 100% 3 days later and for some reason my htc sense keeps force closing on me! ALSO (don't hate me) i randomly wont get texts. i'm coming from a BB which sucks in terms of features compared to the hero, but at least i can go over a day with heavy use without the phone dying AND i always got my texts/emails asap. please help fellow nerdssssssss!!

btw, the only apps i have downloaded are as follows:
pandora
i music
handcent
backgrounds
movies
ringdroid
ebuddy
facebook

k you're the best!:p
I agree with you. Ever since I uninstalled ATK. My battery go's to shit. Nothing you can do about. I do receive email and text on time now, since I got rid off ATK. There is no answer rite now to your question. Sorry bro! Geek boy out! lol

Upvote 0

I am guessing that you install handcent but maybe forgot to disable the internal sms app from auto retrieving messages.

Here's what I did.

1. disable the internal SMS
- from the home screen click the up arrow ( the icon to the left of the Phone) that will bring up all the apps
- find "Messages" and click that to open the internal sms app
- click the menu button then click settings
- uncheck "auto-retrieve"
- uncheck "notificiation"
- uncheck "delivery report" if checked
that should disable the internal sms app from holding your phone hostage.
not sure if it makes a difference but restart your phone (hold down the off button until the menu pops up and choose power off phone.) after if powers down, power it back up and you're good to go

now install handcent sms if you haven't done so
continue to setup handcent to what ever fits you

I do not recommend using any task killer. some people report that it's a part of the battery problem. Android can handle and allocate memory just fine with out your interaction. "Remember Luke, use the force. Let go!"

Hope this helps. Cheers. Oh my wake time is around 18%

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones