• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help...im hating the browser txt wrapping

mamps52

Jun 19, 2010
Is there any way i can stop this?.... bytheway what im talking about is the txt wrapping when you pinch to zoom, its soo annoying because the page jiggs to the left or right as it changes the text orientation. personally i prefer the iphone method. Is there any browsers out there that i can download that dont have this orientation?

any help greatly appreciated : )

Is there any way i can stop this?.... bytheway what im talking about is the txt wrapping when you pinch to zoom, its soo annoying because the page jiggs to the left or right as it changes the text orientation. personally i prefer the iphone method. Is there any browsers out there that i can download that dont have this orientation?

You can turn it off easily in options - personally, I like it for news sites. Zooming in and out to make text fit right the way it should can be fiddly. It's mainly just getting used to.

Upvote 0
Erm, is it just me, or am I the only one whose phone doesn't wrap the text when browsing if I use pinch to zoom? The only time it wraps on mine is if I zoom by double tapping...
Mine wraps all the time, whether I pinch or tap. It wraps as it formats the page after you remove your fingers from the screen. - it doesn't wrap on-the-fly. The only exception is on pages where there's fixed text or images, etc. But all phones have to deal with that.

Upvote 0

So when you zoom in you'd prefer it to give you left and right scroll bars? Don't think that's an option I'm afraid. Personally, reflow is what I like most about the browser! Sorry. :(

Upvote 0
Ah, so that's why...the carrier changed it.
:eek:
Why on earth would they do something so dumb? Auto wrapping is one of the best things about mobile browsing on the Desire. I hated not having this on Symbian and couldn't do without it now.

mamps52 - I use Dolphin HD browser (free in the market) and it reformats pages really nicely. You could give that one a try instead of stock. :)

Upvote 0
lol i must be the only guy who likes not having text wrapping..... im being fussy for sure and text wrapping is actaully quite neat BUT what annoys me is the fact that my line of sight changes everytime i pinch zoom. the picture or text may only jigg a little to the left or right but personally for me this is annoyying. was initially not a problem but now 5/6 months on it bigs me. say if you are on a heavily loaded page for example play.com and all you want to do is pinch zoom into a certain section of the page, not the text, it will never take u to where u want to be.... be it a few jiggs to theleft or right....

Upvote 0
Guess what?.. ive just.noticed that this is a bit bigger of a problem....try going on a mobile site for example facebook mobile(not touch)... and go to someone's picture...youll see as youpinch in you will lose the right half of the picture. Also i have tried it on other websites made for mobile and almost all have this problem with pictures

Upvote 0
all you want to do is pinch zoom into a certain section of the page, not the text, it will never take u to where u want to be.... be it a few jiggs to theleft or right....
If that's what you want, then double-tap instead on the area you want to zoom and it will center on it and reflow the text. I find it less disorienting than pinch zooming, which I normally just do when I need to magnify something small.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones