1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

please help im new to this

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imdaman3, Apr 26, 2012.

1. imdaman3

imdaman3 Lurker

Does anyone know if i can check to see if my phone is a new one or a refurb its the htc rezound i bought it new but took it back becuse my texts would only come in wen i turn light on screen on.and i wana check to make sure they didnt stiff me with a refurb thanks

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

If the phone was in a sealed HTC box it was a new unit. Referb units usually are not in a sealed box. The two referbf I've gotten were in a small Verizon box. Also, referbs are usually not packaged with manuals, cables, etc.There is no marking on the phone itself indicating it is a referb that I've ever seen.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome aboard. On my HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) - I press ##876# and it shows all the info about the device.

Hope this works for you. Also, I've moved your thread over to its support forum. :)

imdaman3 likes this.
  4. imdaman3

imdaman3 Lurker

The thing is im new with verizon so i was in my 14 day exchange so i took my phone back he swapped it out which looked to be in a new sealed box but kept that box and gave me my old box with old serial numbers, so that makes me wonder if it was a refurb, everything i seem to try on my rezound to check and see if infact its a refurb doesnt work ,so if anyone can lmk what will work to check and see id appreciate it thanks

5. pwned

pwned Member

If you didn't get it in It's original box it is quite possible that it is a referb

6. imdaman3

imdaman3 Lurker

^^ i watched the rep take it out of a brand new sealed box with the beat head phones switch my sim car and gave me my "new phone" with my old phone box thats y i wana know if they scammed me outa my new phone for a refurb

7. Cares

Cares Android Enthusiast

If you saw him take it out of a brand new sealed box...shouldn't you put 2 and 2 together?

8. imdaman3

imdaman3 Lurker

^^ does that neccesary mean anything to me ? Nope!! Certified like new comes the same way !! I didnt pay for a refurb i paid for a new phone If i didnt get a new phone i wana know for myself, wouldnt you?

9. imdaman3

imdaman3 Lurker

And why would they give me my old box or didnt u read what i said?

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews