• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help im stuck cant boot!

The great thing about the people here is that not only are they very helpful, BUT they also know what they are talking about, lol. My grain of salt here is be careful of those "how to root ANY...." kind of videos!!! They are like a one size fits all hat, great in theory but doesn't work out to well in practice!!! Lol. Good luck with the phone, if anyone can fix it it's the folks here!
ok so i found the link

No custom recovery installed
Rogers wiresless
i think it was android 2.3.1

Upvote 0
The great thing about the people here is that not only are they very helpful, BUT they also know what they are talking about, lol. My grain of salt here is be careful of those "how to root ANY...." kind of videos!!! They are like a one size fits all hat, great in theory but doesn't work out to well in practice!!! Lol. Good luck with the phone, if anyone can fix it it's the folks here!
Well there are exploits that do root ALMOST any gingerbread/ICS/JB device currently and most are in apk form like towelroot, vroot, etc. As far as what is done afterwards such as custom recovery, removing apps, installing ROMs, and changing kernels, that part IS device specific. If a video talks about that, he should mention recoveries/kernels/etc. is device specific and you better not try installing some other phone's software on it.
I myself have made a script that is a universal LG tool for all versions of L70/L90 for unlocking the bootloader.
Not all universal roots are bad, just some videos are terrible at explaining what to do after :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ftfy ;)

HTC and others often roll out service OTAs that specifically close the exploits used by those apps.
Fixed it :p but nowadays its like they don't care if GB/ICS/JB is rootable cause the device has reached EOL or they update it to newest KitKat which becomes a device specific root usually.

This is getting off topic :eek:

@OP I'm still busy and in the car currently, soon as I get to a PC I'll find more links and tell you what to do :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I still haven't had time to get to a PC :( but follow the KDZ flashing instructions, not the cab instructions in this link (read this entire post before reading the link): http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/4893875
Download everything from it EXCEPT the firmware because you have your phone's firmware already. Even the drivers of that phone will work because LG only made universal driver installers. After installing the drivers, connect the phone to the computer, if you have any usb connection options available with the phone (mtp, ptp, charge, lg software) cycle through them all as it helps it install drivers.

If the drivers were installed previously, skip all that.

For download mode, I wouldn't know how to enter it, but I have my theories:
1) volume up while connecting USB cable or pressing the power button (try both)
2) volume up and down and plugging in the USB cable or powering it on
3) volume down and plugging in USB or powering on

Of course the other side of the USB cable has to be connected to the computer while entering download mode. Make sure it is connected to a USB 2.0 port on the back of the computer, not the front as some front USB ports are trouble occasionally.
Don't use USB 3.0 ports because it usually causes issues when flashing.

Now continue on with the directions in the link.

Upvote 0
Thank you Sammy it helped me solve the problem Merry christmas and Happy new year!!

what i did was
1) Start LG Mobile Support tool
2) Power off your phone without USB cable
3) Connect the USB cable and wait for the LG logo and the annimation battery
4) Pressing Vol-up + power 6-7 seconde wait for the LG logo and The screen turns off
5) Again pressing Vol-up + power 6-7 seconde and wait until the drivers are installed
6)Click on Option then upgrade recovery and my phone was fixed! ad now with android 4.0.4

Upvote 0
first time I ever posted my problem online, didnt think it would work this much or people would want to help, we still live in a decent world...
Thanks for the compliment. I can't speak for the whole internet, but our little corner of it here at AndroidForums we pride ourselves on being helpful and friendly. That goes from Admin down to the newest member like you.:)

Upvote 0
Ok, I still haven't had time to get to a PC :( but follow the KDZ flashing instructions, not the cab instructions in this link (read this entire post before reading the link): http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/4893875
Download everything from it EXCEPT the firmware because you have your phone's firmware already. Even the drivers of that phone will work because LG only made universal driver installers. After installing the drivers, connect the phone to the computer, if you have any usb connection options available with the phone (mtp, ptp, charge, lg software) cycle through them all as it helps it install drivers.

If the drivers were installed previously, skip all that.

For download mode, I wouldn't know how to enter it, but I have my theories:
1) volume up while connecting USB cable or pressing the power button (try both)
2) volume up and down and plugging in the USB cable or powering it on
3) volume down and plugging in USB or powering on

Of course the other side of the USB cable has to be connected to the computer while entering download mode. Make sure it is connected to a USB 2.0 port on the back of the computer, not the front as some front USB ports are trouble occasionally.
Don't use USB 3.0 ports because it usually causes issues when flashing.

Now continue on with the directions in the link.

Sent this in the PM already, but for future reference: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW467386573210987654321/V30C_00.kdz that's the firmware.
Hey sammyz do you have KDZ firmware for LG l70 D321 if you can you please send me a link Thanks God Bless :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones