1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Please help..I'm thoroughly confused. (apps/sd)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diannika, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Diannika

Diannika Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I dont understand half (more like 98%) of what you all are saying. So please deal with this idiot as I try to figure out what the hades I'm doing.

I managed to root using my boyfriends computer while visiting him. So thats ok

I'm back on my state now with no computer access.

I need to be able to completely move apps to my sd without leaving some in phone storage.

If I need a computer I can wait till next month (or whenever I get to see him again) but if possible prefer straight from phone.

I need an idiots version of step by step instructions PLEASE.

I have superuser and o used the one click root stickied here to root (not sure oif that matters)

I do not have shabbymod yet...haven't figured that out either. So basically o rooted and haven't changed anything yet.

Advertisement

2. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Jul 15, 2011

Wait untill you have computer access again, then get ClockWorkMod and ShabbyMod

ShabbyMod is a ROM OS optimization that frees up space on the internal memory and makes the phone run smoother and faster, but you want ClockWorkMod on first so you can backup your phone first

ClockWorkMod is a usefull utility that you can boot into and do things like backing up the phone, or partitioning of the sd-card, and much more

MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SD CARD TO HIS COMPUTER BEFORE YOU PARTITION SD CARD
    Once you get your sd card partitioned you can use either link2sd or apps2sd to move some of the programs to the second partition of the sd card (sd-ext), and free up space on the internal memory

link2sd may be easier for you

Since you have some time before you are going to do this, read some of the threads and get familiar with some of this stuff before you do it

1. Backup SD Card to computer
    2. Install ClockWorkMod http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/390234-clockworkmod-updated-9-12-11-a.html
    3. Partition SD Card in ClockWorkMod
    4. Restore files from computer to SD card that you want like pictures and such
    5. Use ClockWorkMod to make a backup of your phone
    6. Install ShabbyMod http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/350148-rom-acs-shabbymod-0-9-a.html
    7. Install link2sd or app2sd

Diannika likes this.
  3. Diannika

Diannika Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Thanks.

Will this work... I'm going to be switching from a 2gb to 4 gb sd. I'll move apps primarily on sd to phone, switch sd (after partitioning new one) and move to new. That should work right? C can o go similar with pics and songs somehow out do I need to use computer for those?

4. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl