1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please help...incredible or evo shift??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottbu70, Mar 4, 2011.

1. scottbu70

scottbu70 Newbie
    None

Jan 17, 2010
    hi all....im in need of some advise...i have a samsung moment and have sprint....my 2 years is up so i can go to verizon and get the htc incredible or stay with sprint and was looking at the evo shift.the regular evo is way too big for me..i was wondering if anyone could help me decide? the pull out keyboard i like but its not a deal breaker for me.i can live with an on screen keyboard.i just want the better phone since ill be locked in for another 2 years..thanks to anyone that can help!

Advertisement

2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

I'd wait a little while for the VZW 4g phones to come out (unless you are getting the Incredible based on price point) if you decide to switch carriers.

3. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    I'd say if you don't need a keyboard then get the Incredible. It's a great device and Verizon has a better network. If you can wait a while I agree with with woop said. By the summer the phone picture will be much clearer

4. mrk1984

mrk1984 Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    Math Teacher
    Hagerstown MD
    You could always get the HTC Merge on Verizon when it comes out.

5. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Verizon should be launching the HTC Thunderbolt this month. That's the phone you should get if you are looking for an HTC phone on Verizon. Not too long after that the Droid Bionic should be coming out which is even better. Either way, if I were going to Verizon in the near future I wouldn't get something other than one of those two devices.

6. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    personally I don't like slide out keyboards so that would eliminate the shift

I'm sure it's a great phone but like somebody else said, supposedly vzw is dropping a lot of new 4g phones within the next few months so I would wait it out a little

If you want the incredible based on size....the incredible s should be coming out soonish (late april/early june is the rumor)

If it's based on price, the incredible is a great phone and even though it's about a year old, I still think it's relevant and have had multiple iphone users drool over mine

7. briman4031

briman4031 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    Salt Lake City, UT
    You could always do what I did and get an Inc. on a 1 Yr. contract. I didn't feel like waiting on them to get the Thunderbolt release / price / 4G price thing fixed and 4G won't be available til' later this year for me. So I just got an Inc. on a 1 Yr. contract. Got the phone for $179 + $50 mail in rebate after corporate (work) discount. See if your company contracts discounted pricing with VZW. I'll be eligible for upgrade again in Dec., by which time I figure something besting the Thunderbolt or Bionic will be out.

shameless likes this.
  8. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    +1

This is exactly what I'm doing. Ordering the DInc tomorrow on a 1 year contract. I dislike contracts to begin with, and 2 years is just too long given the rate phones come out nowadays. 1 year is just enough. :)

9. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Assistant Manager for Verizon Wireless
    NJ
    Where do you live? PM me if you wanan get a Incredible I can hook you up if you wanna switch