1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help; J7 mandatory reboot? What's happening?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rose Lyn, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Rose Lyn

Rose Lyn Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2017
    Hello everyone,

I woke up and took a glance at my phone this morning only to see a mandatory reboot of some sort.. I wasn't paying too much attention and just began the reboot process. It was my fault for not paying attention because I am so confused as to what is happening... I think all of my data is being erased.

It's taking me through steps I have never had to take for a reboot before. Asking me first the language, for the WiFi, and then to connect to a Google account. I could barely type because the typing settings were all messed up. I had to (for each letter) hold down the key and then double tap. I couldn't access my Google account password and I can't receive text messages for verification. It's all quite a mess for me since I have no idea what's going on... I am clearly not android savvy so I apologize for my ignorance.

Can anyone ease my confusion here? I've just never had anything like this before pop up. This phone constantly gives me headaches. I have to wait 24 hours to even log into the Google account now because I had to change my password. I can't do anything now since I cannot get past the Google process.

It seemed to do a factory reboot on its own. I did not even touch my phone. I had to change Google Account password so again, I have to wait to even log in. :(

Advertisement

#1 Rose Lyn, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017