• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help. Lost WIFI radio after root

jsny

May 27, 2010
i FINALLY rooted after owning the evo since launch day, and everything went ok, ALMOST.

i followed this guide:
How to gain S-OFF and then root the latest Gingerbread OTA for HTC EVO 4G

i flashed the stock rooted rom with the wireless-N bug fix. ever since then, wifi won't start up? HOW DO I GET WIFI BACK?? one of my main motivations to root was to use wifi tethering =( i also tried to find my nandroid back up to restore, but it said it couldn't find the file???

any help would be much appreciated.

thx

i FINALLY rooted after owning the evo since launch day, and everything went ok, ALMOST.

i followed this guide:
How to gain S-OFF and then root the latest Gingerbread OTA for HTC EVO 4G

i flashed the stock rooted rom with the wireless-N bug fix. ever since then, wifi won't start up? HOW DO I GET WIFI BACK?? one of my main motivations to root was to use wifi tethering =( i also tried to find my nandroid back up to restore, but it said it couldn't find the file???

any help would be much appreciated.

thx

what does it do? does it see your router? have you tried to unplug your router? you may want to try a kernel as well. most of them also will have the wireless n fix as well. try the freedom kernel or golden monkey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones