1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help me :( app ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by honey215, Jan 11, 2012.

1. honey215

honey215 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    HI I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM I AM GETTING ALOT OF BLOCKED CALLS EVERYDAY. I HAVE A APP THAT WHEN A BLOCKED NUMBER CALLS ME IT HANGS UP ON THEM AND THEY CANT EVEN LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. MY ? TO EVERYONE IS THAT IS THERE A APP THAT U CAN SEE WHOS CALL EVEN IF ITS A BLOCKED CELL NUMBER? I REALLY DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CHANGE MY NUMBER BUT IM HOPING I CAN FIND A APP THAT SEE'S WHOS CALLING U WITH A BLOCKED NUMBER. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH:thinking:
    PS. I HAVE TMOBILE IF IT MATTERS

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to AF! :)

Not to my knowledge as it's hidden on the callers end. Your network may be able to tell you, but there's not an app that would do it, sorry.

3. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

I'll share with you a story.

The number of my cell phone was previously occupied by a very salacious person. She didn't pay her bills, racked up a lot of debt and was just a general all around bad person.

What? How do I know?

BECAUSE EVERYONE SHE SCREWED OVER CALLED MY NUMBER.

Days. Nights ... Weekends, holidays. UNKNOWN calls ... PRIVATE numbers. Area codes I didn't recognize. I sent them all to voice mail. No message 90% of the time, 10% of the time? Very nasty messages for 'Carla Green' (not her real name - oh wait, yes it is).

Finally, I just started answering the blocked calls. Each one, I carefully explained - no, I'm not Carla Green. No, I don't know her. Yes, everyone calls this number for her, but no it isn't her number - please stop calling.

And they did. It was a pain in the ass - but answering the calls and dealing with them almost IMMEDIATELY stopped the calls.

I'd give it a try.

4. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    I had similar problems. My original number somehow started to get bombarded with text message ads and solicitor phone calls (was signed up for the do not call registry too). It finally got bad enough that I had to change numbers. That number belonged to someone who had MANY debtors after him. I tried to get rid of them by explaining that this isn't their phone number. It would work for a bit until they sold that persons debt to another collection agency and I'd have to do it all over again. I ended up getting another number yet again... and it was fine. For a while. I ended up getting yet another persons debtors calls.. but this time I was able to get rid of them for good.

Was a seriously annoying ordeal, but I haven't had anything other than the random wrong number in a long time.

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Just because a number is "blocked" doesn't mean it's malicious. I'm in the UK and my sister-in-law was getting nuisance calls (I forget all the details) from someone so one of the things the phone company did was block her number. If someone in their house calls me it comes up with 'unknown number'. So, as above, how about just answering the phone and dealijng with it? A lot of businesses also have their numbers blocked - probably including places where friends of yours work who might phone you?

There is no app. that will let you know who it really is in that case.

Dave

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    More specifically, I am not sure if its even possible to make an app for blocked numbers, at least one that would work in my country. Here the blocked numbers are blocked from the network itself. So when it reaches your phone, the caller ID is already scrambled.

7. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Male
    Kwik Trip
    Owatonna, MN
    I work for Verizon Wireless. I can tell you that from what I know of how our network works, blocked call #'s have the number blocked at the network switch itself. So there is no possible way for an app to know the true phone number behind that incoming call.