• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP ME ASAP !!!! (returning to handtec and getting a local one)

hnakhi

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
hi there. i ordered the galaxy nexus from handtec.co.uk and i live in kuwait

anyways, it arrived 2-3 weeks ago. i love this phone but i found out i had dead pixels :( i said meh i'm too lazy to ship to the uk and wait for it to get back. but to complete my agony, a shop in my country named electrozan started selling these and it has 1 year warranty (Local, obviously) AND it says it had 4g lte ???
i thought only verizon did ? when i said that to them (on their FB account) they replied "Yes we are sure we have 4G LTE" and sent me this link : Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Full phone specifications

and their pic on facebook "which is the poster of the phone ,price and specks" said it had Super Amoled and not HD i think this is a mistake because they copied it from GSMarena . but is it really possible that it has 4g LTE and it is not Verizon ? if so , should i return me phone and get a refund and buy it from them (for the local warranty , but the 4g lte sold me)

P.S i already got confirmation for the refund from handtec
thanks.

After looking at the phone specs from the link posted I definitely think they have no idea what they are talking about.

There are two versions available right now, CMDA/LTE and GSM HSPA+

That sites says it is GSM HSPA and LTE, there is not GSM LTE version available yet. So either they have the Verizon LTE version there or they have the GSM HSPA + version.

I surfed the internet looking for answers, and found that I was correct. I found others that bought from the store you are talking about, they have the same version as me. It is 4g in the sense of using HSPA+ not LTE.

Upvote 0
Also if you check the link below it is an ad from electrozan and it says the Nexus model number is I9250 which is the GSM HSPA+ version. Just some more confirmation for you that it is not the LTE version.

Though they might just be meaning 4g, and Wimax, LTE, and HSPA+ are considered 4g or have been.

Sorry for the bad news that it is not LTE.

Here is the link

Caveman007's Blog

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies :) i get it now that they are stupid. i even asked them are you sure this is 4g and they said Yes then i asked them again " are you sure it is LTE" they said yes it is and referred me to the GSMarena link
it is sad to see stores that don't know what the hell they're talking about. i guess people who bought from them are disappointed !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones