1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help me find a specific type of productivity app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by zurik, Jan 9, 2012.

1. zurik

zurik Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    I am really in need of an app that would help me keep track of activities that I would like to do at certain intervals. What I mean is I want is to set that I'd like to go running four times a week, stretch three times a week, log an hour into rosetta stone four times a week, ect, and then check off every time I do one of them. An app that tracks these activities would be a huge help to my productivity and to keep me on track.

Does anyone know if there is an app that does this out there? I have tried searching forums and the app store and can't quite find anything that can do this.

Advertisement

2. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
  3. zurik

zurik Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    I currently regularly use astrid as my task manager and it's quite excellent, but the problem with it (and the others you posted, based on their descriptions) is that they're task managers where you set your tasks, and then check them off as you finish them. I'm pretty sure none of them can track regular activities you want to do on a specified basis.

I also tried to use Habit streak for this same purpose but it only allows you to set daily activities, makes you check off whether you've done them every day and then counts your streak of how many days you've done them since you set the activity. Makes it difficult to try to set up 3 or 4 time a week events, but I might have to stick with using it if I can't find anything else.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Yes they can track regular activities. Well at least Astrid can. I set a recurring task everyday to remind me to take my medications every 7am after breakfast. After taking them, I check off the reminder to get Astrid off my notification bar. But once the clock strikes 12mn, the recurring task for the medications is active once more in the task list and will alarm.

To do this, open Astrid, click on the plus sign beside the task entry field. Do not put anything on the text entry since that would make a quick task. You want the full task editor. Tap on the ">" sign on the "when" field. DO NOT TAP ON THE WORD "WHEN". Tapping on "when" would open the "deadline" option. Tapping on the ">" would open a pop-up menu asking for "date/time", "repeats", "add to calendar", and "show task". You want the "repeats" function.

zurik likes this.
  5. zurik

zurik Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    Ah, you are correct. It does actually allow you to have recurring tasks. It still does not quite provide the function I am looking for, which is to be able to track certain tasks at specific intervals (4 times a week, once every two weeks, ect).

However, after a lot of searching, I found an app called Habit Factor, which just might do exactly what I need. I just downloaded the lite version and will be testing it out to see if it works for what I need.

Edit: For anyone who stumbles upon my thread looking for something with this functionality: Habit Factor has been working very well so far! My only gripe is that it has limited options for how often you set these tasks to be done (number of times per week, or once a month. no in between).

swampgoddess likes this.