1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help me from going insane....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ulepen, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ulepen

ulepen Lurker

I have a rooted HTC Desire 2.2.2 which I have rooted and performed the s-off.

I only done the above so I could move system apps to the SD Card as the phone memory is extremely small and is taken up mostly by system apps i.e Flash Player, Facebook, Google Maps etc, which leaves little room for apps I want to install as even if they are stored on the SD Card there is a portion of the app stored on the phone memory.

I have used Link2SD and I have set up a partition on my SD Card and have successfully mounted it but I still get the following error message:-

! Failure

pkg: /date/app/com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk Failure
    [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION

Is is time for me to admit defeat and concede that I will never get these system apps over the my SD Card? I have even changed adb shell to InstallLocation 2 but to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!??

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

System apps are on the system partition, thus are not included in "internal storage" which is actually the data partition.

You should read the root memory faq in the "all things root guide" thread

Tyseyh likes this.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

thread moved to Root section:)

SUroot likes this.
  4. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

What type of partition?

Having read the root memory faq in the "all things root guide" thread you might want to consider flashing a ROM that supports A2sd+.

5. ulepen

ulepen Lurker

Thanks for your replies.

I created an ext2 partition on the sd card.

I will have a read of the root memory faq and see if that helps me.

Is it actually worth all this bother? Do the apps still function correctly when stored on the sd card?

Maybe I should just get an iPhone...ha.

6. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hi Ule,

Firstly I would recommend using a minimum of ext3, although ideally ext4, for your partition (a maximum of 1gb). Some roms require this as a minimum, and as they are more efficient and just as easy to do, you have nothing to lose! :)

The apps function absolutely fine and I haven't noticed any lag or speed issues although I dare say there will be but it'll be so low you probably will never notice. Imo, my phone is faster after I've rooted as the roms and kernels are better tailored.

And is it worth it? Absolutely yes. You've done the majority of the work and you're utilising a portion of the potential! Try flashing a light weight rom which supports apps/dalvik2sd such as Redux. But first and foremost, you're right to read the guides here and ask any questions you're not too sure of.

Have fun!

7. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

8. ulepen

ulepen Lurker

Thanks everyone for your replies. I thought I was hitting a dead end until I found this forum.

I will let you all know how I get on!

9. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

Rooting is the way to go.

For what it's worth I beleive that int2sd is specifically designed for each ROM all of which have partition requirement - if you haven't set up your HBoot as required it doesn't work.. as I found out when my phone kept crashing. :D

Apps2Sd with dalvik on SD too I found has given me all the space I want with no issues.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews