1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips please help me get fm radio on my droid 2.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkserpant, Aug 23, 2011.

1. darkserpant

darkserpant Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2010
    Hi all. I have a droid 2. And I want so bad to listen to fm radio on it. But I don't want to stream it off the internet. I know there apps for that. My friend has the droid incredible and his phone came with a app installed on it called fm radio. U just hook up headphones and listen to the radio. But my droid 2 doesent have that app installed on it. At least I can't seem to find it. Is there a way for me to get this app? I tried to go to the market. But all I could find is streaming radio apps. Could somebody please help me out. I would appreciate greatly. Thanks alot.

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    If you have the android sdk installed on your computer, I have a zipped up app that will install the FM radio app on your phone and it is attached to this reply. All you have to do is unzip the file on your desk top open the folder and run the fmradio.bat file. You will have to hook your phone to the computer first and insure it is "PC Mode with USB debugging enabled".

Crap! this forum, at least I can not find it, does not have a method to upload attachments. PM me with ur email and I will email the files to you. Or you could go to [APP] FM Radio for the Droid 2!! - xda-developers for manual instructions and the required files. Or to this location and get the script I am talking about.

Once installed on ur phone you only get sound out of one speaker. Best we have.
    [APP] FM Radio for the Droid 2!! - Page 11 - xda-developers

You can look for an old droid x cheap which has the app installed and works fine with both speakers.

Might want to read the entire post above, one link is to page 1 the other is page 11 where darkonion finally wrote the script so you do not have to install it the manual way. The script worked on my phone, I just noticed where many people said it did not work on theirs. If you are a geek like me, you can highlight the .bat file, click edit and then read the Script instructions.

3. itshardwork

itshardwork Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Just type in "tunein" in the Market search. Radio stations from all over the US and world, not everyone, but a lot.