1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help me get this info from my sd card..

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ctzsutton, Aug 29, 2011.

1. ctzsutton

ctzsutton Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    I backed up my mms, contacts, texts to my sd card on the evo 4g. I emailed the file, and opened it on my computer. It is a .mbp file. Now I want to put this info on my new evo 3d, but I dont know how. Someone please help me, I have time sensitive info on the card..

Advertisement

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Greetings ctzsutton,

I don't know how you backed up your sms, I assume it was with a app. The easiest way to transfer the file, is to hook your evo 3d to your computer. Select it as a usb device or storage or drive, whatever it calls it. copy the emailed backup over to your evo 3d. It might help you to create a folder on your SD card like...sms backups, so that you know where to look for the file.

Make sure you have the same app that you had on your evo 4g, on your evo 3d. Open the app and choose the restore option. It hopefully should allow you to navigate to where you transferred the file over to your phone. The app may have its own set folder that it searches for backups, in that case, copy the file from the sms backups folder or whatever you called it, into the folder that the app requests.

Hope this helps.

3. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Or pull your card and use a card reader. Or Dropbox.