1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please help me gs2 experts!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jk_sangre23, Jul 9, 2011.

1. jk_sangre23

jk_sangre23 Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Hey guys, newbie here. Just got my phone 3 days ago and there are a few things that I can't figure out. This is my first android so please bear with me if my questions are a bit dumb.

1. In messaging, I type my message and send it then I exit to/go back to the "Inbox" (if that's still what its called). "DRAFT" appears on the area where the time the message was sent should be but I still get a reply. Is there a "DRAFT" box and how do I access it?

2. Same issue as others I've read here, my phone gets hot. Is this something i should worry about coz there was a review on Youtube by SAMJPULLEN and he said: it's ok if it gets hot, you should start to worry if it doesn't". So which is which? should I or shouldn't I worry about it?

I hope you guys can help me out.:thinking::thinking::thinking:
    3. Is "ROOTING" a must? What are the Pros and Cons of Rooting?

Advertisement

2. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    heat = its a small pc, its natural to get hot, but not so hot it burns. if i play a game for sometime, it gets very warm...but it IS working hard on the HD display. if your not doing much or it gets too hot too hold, get it checked out.

you dont have to root, your battery life will improve and you can do alot with it, but IMO its not worth it if your an new/average user. read up more in rooting. be aware about voiding your warranty and possible bricking - both are avoidable if you just follow instructions. so many have done it so it cant be that bad.
    Im glad i hadnt done mine yet as my battery was faulty and put in a claim to get fixed.i fugure its best to leave it for a bit, make sure its working all good, then look at rooting it...just to identify any problems that may arise later.

my 2c

3. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    If you are doing something CPU intensive, it will get warm like any other CPU.

I do not think any are getting hot enough to burn the average person. Some are "extra sensitive":p