• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help me i cannot reset my motorola razr m!!!

hi im a new member here

im using my motorola razr m for a while

i've noticed that the battery drains fast and its slowing down

i decided to reset my phone

the problem is i cannot reset my phone i tried 3 method

1.) in setting privacy factory reset when i the reset it will pop up unfortunately setting has stopped
2. ) i cannot enter recovery to factory reset there
- volume up + power
- volume up&down + power
- volume down + power
3.) i also tried reset codes
- *2767*3855#
-*#*#7780#*#*

sorry for my english

your help will be appreciated thanks in advance!!!

note: i using a softbank razr m 201 stock rom 4.0.4 ICS

Did you try a Wipe Cache Partition? It can become fragmented over time and cause severe performance degradation.

The instructions from the Motorola website are ...

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones