1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please Help Me Identify Icon

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Lauren Anne, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Lauren Anne

Lauren Anne Lurker

Could someone please tell me what app this icon circled in green goes with? It appears to be a "history" symbol yet I don't know of anything that supports that. It was located on the left side of the screen. At the time, this phone did have VPNs and private browsers installed yet there seems to be no correlation. The information from the dropdown notification bar no longer exists. Thanks in advance. :)

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Lauren Anne

Lauren Anne Lurker

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J3 V.

#2 Lauren Anne, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I deleted your 2 other threads you created in 2 different section, please don't cross post, either leave the thread here, or let me know know and I'll move it to your device section. Cross posting will not get your questioned answered any quicker, and will only confuse members.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Looks like an app or something is syncing or backingup. Pretty sure it's not a dating app, so nothing to worry about probably.

MoodyBlues, ocnbrze and Lauren Anne like this.
  5. Lauren Anne

Lauren Anne Lurker

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure exactly how it worked and what was the best way to go about it.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Backup utility was my thought, mainly because it looks like a knock-off of the MacOS "time machine" backup utility's icon.

Do you have any apps that can do scheduled backups?

Lauren Anne and MoodyBlues like this.
  7. Lauren Anne

Lauren Anne Lurker

I'm not sure right now. I know that Sprint Backup on my Galaxy 8+ has a similar icon to what you've mentioned (MacOS "time machine") but this phone is under Verizon. Thanks a lot. This was a really helpful post.