1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help me! Is he lying who he really is?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Android Question

So this guy Ive never met in person sent me a picture of himself through texting. When he sent me the pic I got a text before that saying "A Picture/Video Message!" I've only got that message when someone with an android sent me a photo but in his pic he's holding an iphone. The text messages are green so im assuming he turned off immessage, but does that message come up with iphone users as well? Or does that mean the pic really isnt him?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've never seen this message at all, so I guess it might depend on your phone software and what messaging system is used. It obviously can't be iMessage (or it wouldn't have worked at all). If it's MMS (a network standard) that would not tell you what model phone sent it - Android, iOS, Window, BlackBerry or a 10 year old Nokia can all send those. But as I've never seen the message you describe no matter who has sent me a picture I can't be sure what that message would mean (though my guess it that it's just an MMS, and that this is how your phone announces them).

Some people also have more than one phone, or change phones, so even if the message were sent from something other than an iPhone that wouldn't prove any deception. Conversely you can't know that someone has sent a real picture if you've never met them - for example, I do not look like my avatar here (who is an occasional character from an old sci-fi comedy series).

As with anything, in the end it comes down to trust. But I doubt that the "announcement" you saw means very much.