1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Please help me load CM7 Nightlies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gorilla*, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Gorilla*

Gorilla* Well-Known Member

Ok...

Im having major trouble getting back to this rom.

I bought my incredible off someone, and it came with CM7 Nightly installed...

Then i tried going back to stock, and I did.,... but now I cant get back to CM7 Nightly....

I tossed the rom on the SD card, named it update.zip, and installed it via Clockwork....

The CM7 boot screen shows up.. the blue circle, but it never boots into the os...

I have the latest Hboot .92

What gives?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also want to know how i can backup my data, so that I can completely wipe the phone, load CM7, and then reload all my apps etc...

What step by step should i do, from stock rom to Cm7 nightlies.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

You don't need to rename it update.zip to flash it. That's probably your problem. I'd delete that, redownload it, do all your wipes and install zip from sd card. Also, to flash a custom ROM YOU HAVE to do a FULL wipe (factory reset) or you'll run into lots of issues. Titanium Backup is what a lot of people use to backup their apps/data. I use App Brain to sync all my apps and I go back in and insatll them manually from the list (have under 40 apps so it's not an issue) To backup my texts, I use SMS Backup + which saves them all in gmail and restores them when I install the app.