• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help me quick charge issue

HAT MAN

Dec 14, 2009
ok I will try to keep the read short. My phone takes hours to charge sometimes 10 hours from 20% to 100%. here is everything I have done so far to get the fast charger to work.
factory reset saving info
factory reset clearing all apps etc
new battery two times
new charger oem 3 new ones
new cord oem 3 new ones
even sent out for new phone and fast charge worked on new phone for a few weeks then stopped.
Verizon stores were no help, fast charge is on but greyed out when plugged in. bright green when not plugged in. not notice when plugged in saying you are connected to fast charger.

PLEASE help me figure why it wont charge fast. phone operates fine otherwise

Hi,

I personally do not use a fast charger (the original one is still in the box after about a year) and I get an 80% charge within an hour with my note 1/N900/Amazon car charger. I would therefore assume that there is a problem that warrants return.

That said, you have tried everything that I would have tried. The only other thing I could suggest is to try an external charger (where you plug the battery into the charger) and see how long this takes to charge. I would suspect that the fast charging has damaged the phone or the battery, but that is a wild guess so take that with a pinch of salt.

Perhaps, if you can get another replacement, you should ditch the fast charging and try a 5V 1A charger for a while to see if the charging problem returns or not.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0
I line this forum but don't understand why I cannot get any help from anyone on this issue. Verizon can't help, this thread can't help. It's just shocking
It's probably because no one on this forum has the answer, although everyone tries to help where they can no one knows all the answers, and I have to admit your problem is not one I have seen a post about on any forum. Phil

Upvote 0
I line this forum but don't understand why I cannot get any help from anyone on this issue. Verizon can't help, this thread can't help. It's just shocking

Actually the thing that I find shocking is that these complex pieces of electronics, that pose as telephones, work at all as well as they do. That said, there is nothing more frustrating than when yours does not work correctly and the frustration is only compounded when you appear to be the only one with the issue.

You have my sympathy (for what it's worth).

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: HAT MAN
Upvote 0
ok I will try to keep the read short. My phone takes hours to charge sometimes 10 hours from 20% to 100%. here is everything I have done so far to get the fast charger to work.
factory reset saving info
factory reset clearing all apps etc
new battery two times
new charger oem 3 new ones
new cord oem 3 new ones
even sent out for new phone and fast charge worked on new phone for a few weeks then stopped.
Verizon stores were no help, fast charge is on but greyed out when plugged in. bright green when not plugged in. not notice when plugged in saying you are connected to fast charger.

PLEASE help me figure why it wont charge fast. phone operates fine otherwise
You have tried alot along with all possibilities.
The only solution I m seeing is to contact Samsung Support.
Because it seems there must be a problem with hardware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones