1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help me sort this out

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BwystfiltK, Jul 17, 2016.

1. BwystfiltK

BwystfiltK Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I am new to this forum and i would like your help and or advice. recently, as you know pokemon go was released and as i live in the uk i had to wait a week for the official release. As i was unwilling to wait for that long I got the apk from apk mirror and played it until yesterday. i woke up today and found that i had server issues and my friend who got the apk did aswell and he has an s7 so he could reinstall it from the play store and his friend got it from there straight away and has no server issues but my phone meets the system requirments for the game but for some reason it won't show the app when i search the play store for it and when my friend sent me a link to it it shows up with a message where you would normally see the install button the message says your device is not compatible with this version but the apk works perfectly fine and now i have found out that there is a possible ban wave on people who used the apk so now i can't play it at all which is extremely disappointing and just yesterday i managed to get two pikachus and now i might be banned what do i do? please help (i am using a samsung galaxy note 2)

Advertisement

2. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    Could you tell us what operating system you are currently running?

3. BwystfiltK

BwystfiltK Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    i am using android 4.4.2

4. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    I can't see anything about the phone model itself to indicate that it's insufficient to play. Possibly a bug in the system. I would recommend just sideloading the apk as you were. The ban rumors are just that, rumors. Niantic has never said they would take such measures, and there are no reliable cases of users being banned for just logging in from the apk. As a final measure, I would fully uninstall the game, check the link on the app store again, and if it still doesn't download, get a new apk from apkpure. Perhaps a coincidence, but my apk mirror apk didn't run too well either.

5. BwystfiltK

BwystfiltK Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    Could i possibbly luetooth the apk file from my friend's phone to mine

6. Xereniak

Xereniak Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Female
    If both of you can do NFC transfers that would work fine, though I would still recommend going to apkpure, as you mentioned that your friend's apk was buggy too. If you want to take his app store apk, there's a process to doing that, albeit not something I've done myself yet.

7. BwystfiltK

BwystfiltK Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2016
    Male
    I heard somewhere that I could jailbreak my phone and get android 6.0.1 but they said it might brick my phone is it worth the risk?

8. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    If that's possible.. The method and instructions are unique to each model of phone. Please look in one of the device specific forums...

Xereniak likes this.