1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help me with my D1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biggdave92, Apr 18, 2011.

1. biggdave92

biggdave92 Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Seems like 7 out of 10 calls i make or receive i end up hitting buttons with my ear or jaw and the call gets screwed up. Seems like the light sensors pick up light and turn the screen on and i hit something on almost every call. Am i doing something wrong? I have about had it with this phone. thanks!

Advertisement

2. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Metrologist
    da south
    Well the easiest fix would be to get a Bluetooth headset. No more face dial.
    The issue seems to be with your proximity sensor. It’s one of the 2 dots on the left of the speaker, I can’t remember which. Now unfortunately from what I’ve heard it seems that it’s pretty much set up for right handed operation so if you have the phone on your left ear it can be exposed to light and there by turn on the screen. I’ve also heard that if you have a lot of hair it can get in the way, but I don’t see how that would affect it. Also one thing to watch yourself on is if you are like my wife and you hold the middle of the phone to your cheek instead of holding the speaker to your ear. Doing this (I noticed with her, and my son as well) can cause you to hold the phone at an angle, consequently exposing the sensor to light, causing it to think you aren’t talking on it and turning on the screen. Mostly what I would recommend is be a little more conscious of what you are doing and where you have the phone when you have issues and try to correct it. Or, as I said, spend $50 on a Bluetooth and not have to worry about it.:D
    If that doesn't fix the problem, then your proximity sensor might be going out. That would be a last resort thou.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    As a workaround you can lock the screen on calls.

It's fairly easy to test the proximity sensor if you know where it is. You can test it with your finger to determine if the sensor is the issue. The way the phone is held can certainly affect how well the proximity sensor works.