1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help me with my LG Optimus M D:

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crex321, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Crex321

Crex321 Well-Known Member

Alright, so I've had my Optimus M, for about a month. I rooted it, and I'm wanting to change my ROM to the sense, or a cyanogen. I've tried to put my phone into recovery, but everything I do just resets my phone and deletes everything.
    I've tried turning off my phone, turning it back on while holding the volume down and power button both at once [doing this doesnt reset my phone]. And plugging my phone into my computer and trying it through terminal.
    Can anyone help me with changing my rom and getting it into recovery? Please. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

Have you installed a custom recovery? If not this phone does not have one so when you are using volume keys and home all you are doing is wiping the data from the phone. If you have installed recovery download quick boot from the market and use it to boot into recovery. Once you figure that out if you need help with flashing a rom I will be more than willing to walk you through it if you do better with one on one rather than reading tutorials

Crex321 likes this.
  3. Crex321

Yes, helping me with this would be great! No, i haven't installed a custom recovery. How would i do that?

4. det1726

5. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

your better off going with

http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html

its newer and more updated with better features then joneidy's

6. Crex321

Thank you both so much! I'm finally in recovery, that's really all i needed. Again, thank you both for your help.

7. det1726

No problem, glad you have figured it out