• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help me with root!

Yea I did all that. I did it twice too, still not changing anything:(

The only things I felt confused about were:

-installing SDK to c drive
-"Make sure the phone is fully booted, connected to the computer via USB, and USB debugging is on" what does fully booted mean?

It means booted up. Did you follow all the steps in the unrEVOked driver install page? public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Did you uninstall HTC sync and PDAnet?

Upvote 0
It means booted up. Did you follow all the steps in the unrEVOked driver install page? public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Did you uninstall HTC sync and PDAnet?

so pdanet causes a problem?

i am currently in the same boat. Currently Unrevoked cannot see my device. So I need to uninstall pdanet?

Also HTC Sync. Is that something you have in your phone already? cause I have never downloaded htc sync from the market.

Upvote 0
so pdanet causes a problem?

i am currently in the same boat. Currently Unrevoked cannot see my device. So I need to uninstall pdanet?

Also HTC Sync. Is that something you have in your phone already? cause I have never downloaded htc sync from the market.

HTC sync is something for your computer that you would have had to download and install yourself. I don't have a windows computer, but I believe PDANet causes conflicts with drivers, so uninstall that. Let me know if you still have issues after removing those.

Upvote 0
I've never downloaded pdanet or htc sync. Only thing is doubletwist but I completely disabled that.

And I looked under device manager and it said the hboot thing was there.
When I'm in the bootloader screen do I have to go anywhere? I currently just leave it on the main screen

I think ill try It on my Xp laptop. Do u think that will help?

Thanks for the help guys!

Upvote 0
I've never downloaded pdanet or htc sync. Only thing is doubletwist but I completely disabled that.

And I looked under device manager and it said the hboot thing was there.
When I'm in the bootloader screen do I have to go anywhere? I currently just leave it on the main screen

I think ill try It on my Xp laptop. Do u think that will help?

Thanks for the help guys!

What OS are you running right now? If you have a mac or a friend that has a mac, it's really simple if you can't get it to work on a windows computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones