• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me..!!!!!

Hello and Welcome to the X10 forum.

This is a known problem with the phone and one that will hopefully be addressed in the upcoming 2.1 firmware upgrade.

This might sound random but honestly it does work... the earpiece is really directional and there is definitely a 'sweet spot' that you need to find when holding the phone to your ear. It takes a bit of moving it around to find it but when you do it does make the phone easier to use.

The other alternatives are to use the headphones or a bluetooth headset. I realise this isn't necessarily what you should have to do when you get a new phone but if you are going to keep it, then its a matter of finding the best work arounds.

Hope it helps some.

Upvote 0
This is a known problem with the phone and one that will hopefully be addressed in the upcoming 2.1 firmware upgrade

No offence but I doubt that very much. Why?

Well first and foremost the X10 is a phone so with every person complaining about the volume so SE (even if they are useless) would have resolved this in one of the patchs they put out for the X10.

Plus there have been emails posted around from people asking SE if the incall volume will be sorted and apparently not, as it is a hardware issue of a small slim speaker.

OP what you can do is put the phone in "speaker" mode when outside in a loud environment, to do this when in a call press the options button and then speaker, it about the best work around so far :(

Upvote 0
When I first got my X10 I was also concerned about the call volume, but then I discovered as Rose mentioned the "sweet spot" and I started making tiny adjustments to my ear placement on the phone -- I'm now getting more and more accustomed over time with exactly where to place my ear on the phone to hear the best. I haven't had any issues since.

I call my husband all the time from a noisy environment (on the train, on the street with tons of downtown traffic, etc) and I have no issues at all hearing him. I do keep the volume at max and I admit I find it odd that I have to do that (my old phones only needed mid-volume for most conditions), but I really don't have any issues like I thought I would in the beginning.

Upvote 0
LOL and here is what it says in the first post of that thread at the bottom ;)

UPDATED: Ignore my above post...it states on the website it doesn't work for Sony Ericsson phones
frown.gif

Upvote 0
UPDATED: Ignore my above post...it states on the website it doesn't work for Sony Ericsson phones
frown.gif
But yet some X10 users have reported it does (see first and second page of the link I posted). I've not used it myself as I find the volume to be ok, maybe not as loud other phones, but certainly haven't found anything to complain about.

Upvote 0
I read through the thread linked -- it's a lot of people talking about how the program either doesn't work (FC's) or installed and didn't change anything (which is the same as not working in my book). A small amount of people claim it worked but didn't really give much explanation as to how they got it to work.

I also found a website with a Sony rep acknowledging that they are looking into the issues with low-volume.. though that was back in August, plus reps/agents will say just about anything to try to calm people down, so I don't trust that ;)

Upvote 0
A small amount of people claim it worked but didn't really give much explanation as to how they got it to work.

This user does...

I selected the option which boosts all the 3 types of sound...... I am using v3.6, First, I selected IC3, then selected HS+IC, but only after selecting the hs+bt+ic3, there was difference of sound.

026, Generic version, rooted with Exploid....

I also have 2 folders, AudioFiles and AudioFiles_Backup.....in SD Card.....

...but haven't/don't need to try myself but if the volume is an issue it's worth a try.

My phone must be unique or i have incredibly good hearing as i find it perfectly acceptable

I find mine is "perfect" as well, as long as it's at max volume anyway (hence the quotes, haha)
A lot of people do which is why I've never understood the fuss about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones