1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help me :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaysondasher, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Jaysondasher

Jaysondasher Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I've been getting an error for as long as I can remember about every 2-3 hours. I really want to stop it. Please help if you can.

Error message: "The application Metro BACKUP (process com.asurion.android.mobilebackup.metro) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Advertisement

charruamama likes this.
  2. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    root and remove bloatware. if you dont want to do that, im sure you could change the settings of metrobackup to not run as often. this should at least give you less errors (ie longer time between them)

3. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    Rooting is not the solution to everything just so you know. Can you be more specific when this started happening, and what probably caused it? As confed mentioned you can configure it to run not so often, or you can pull out your battery and leave it out for a few minutes and that might help, its a good fix for temporary problems, and that sounds like a temporary problem.

4. metroinphilly

metroinphilly Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Have the same problem to

5. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    Well if that's the case, then rooting seems to be the only option to fixing it or you can take it to the dealer and swap it and I doubt that will really do anything as you might be doing something to cause it.

6. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    Clear data for that application in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.

charruamama and Jaysondasher like this.
  7. metroinphilly

metroinphilly Member

Jul 9, 2011
  8. Jaysondasher

Jaysondasher Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Dont think it's temporary because it's been happening to me for months. And I've tried rooting it, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. I just cleared data for it. Hopefully that will work.

9. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Rooting does not solve the problem. It's a (necessary) step to remove the offending application, metroBACKUP. But clearing data for that app, and not reopening it should work as well. ;)

10. charruamama

charruamama Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    many
    ny, ny
    since i've had the phone. the phone i have now is actually the third indulge as my first was stolen and my second was damaged. it occurred with all three phones. this error is EXTREMELY annoying because before the error message pops up the phone freezes for at LEAST a SOLID 10 seconds before the message comes up allowing you to tap okay and proceed with whatever you were doing before being interrupted. this means that even if you have an incoming call while this is occurring you cannot answer it. it happens constantly. all day long. it's one thing to interrupt me while i'm messing with whatever app, but it pisses me off to not be able to answer an important call. to the point where i have been close to throwing it against a wall. what good is it having an awesome phone if you're constantly interrupted while using it? it makes the phone not so awesome to say the least. do i really need to be stressed out by my phone??? :mad:

so, i have searched the internet prior to joining the forums here and have found nothing. thankfully i just came across this thread. so i proceeded to clear the data for the program. i'll re-post soon with the (hopefully good) results. but i have to say it is definitely one of the things that compelled me to join these forums. i would love nothing more than to remove the app altogether. till next time...

11. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    To remove altogether, you'll need to root your device.
    as for the data clearing, I hope it all goes well for you. I understand your frustration.

12. charruamama

charruamama Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    many
    ny, ny
    Granted, not a permanent solution to the problem, but clearing the data and not running the app did stop the constant errors. Thank you!