1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root please help modem problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NightAce83, May 31, 2011.

1. NightAce83

NightAce83 Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    allright i recently watched tschofields(qbking) how to on how to flash the ee03 modem and followed the directions to a letter and at first everything was fine. i work 3rds so i went to bed and woke up and had absolutely no 3g....no indicator no network connnection no nothing i can still make phone calls and send txts(spotty at best) but none of my other stuff works i.e. facebook, browser ect. i figured for whatever reason my phone just didnt like the modem so i flashed the EC05 modem (i had already downloaded just in case) and unfortunately that doesnt seem to have fixed the problem :( somebody please help this is my only entertainment at work and i spend alot of time on these forums as it kills the time beautifully.

oh some additional info my wifi and 4g work fine but neither are available at work hence the slight panic.

Advertisement

2. NightAce83

NightAce83 Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    oh and im pretty sure it doesnt matter but more general info im running syn rom frozen 1.1.1 overclocked to 1.3ghz with min set at 400mhz and profile set to "conservative"

3. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Illinois
    Some people just have issues with the EE03 modem. Just flash the EC05 one!

Here's the download link:
    acs-ec05-modem.tar

Let me know if you need anymore help!

NightAce83 likes this.
  4. NightAce83

NightAce83 Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    Allright sorry it took so long but I got busy and couldn't repost due to this ongoing issue....allright so here's the update: as u suggested when I originally realized that the EE03 modem wasn't going to cut it wih my epic (huge frownie face) I actually did flash the original EC05 modem back on through odin and the prerequsite method (EC05 tar in PDA slot uncheck everythin but auto-reboot and hit start) everything went smooth my phone rebooted but the problem wasn't fixed....that's when I posted the problem up on this thread.

Now after some time my network connection actually came back and I jumped for joy and avoided what I though was gonna be a full scale melt down as I finally got everything running super smooth and perfect for me with sydicate 1.1.1 (1.1.0 gave me a few problems but was still my fav ROM) and now this, but alas it wasn't to last as it seems the modem has mind of is own nd only works when it wants to so here is a rundown of my symptoms.....PLEASE HELP I LOVE MY PHONE!!!!!

1.The phones radio is in a constant state of flux as my signal goes from full to none t some and all over again.

2. The network connection seems as mad as a hatter as it goes from 3g to 1x to 3g and then nothing at all for 30 mins or more (or less lol) and then comes back on and does it all over again.

3. Texting without data connection is spotty at best as to whether or not it will send as are phone calls while in this state.

I'm scared poop-less (not sure if it was kosher to swear in a post) that I've permanently damaged my modem somehow and am wndering if I just flash back to stock and then reroot and flash syn frozen back if that will fix it? I've flashed the EC05 modem twice now in an effort to avoid a bad flash or whatever....please help me

5. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Illinois
    Kind of sounds like a bad flash.... Try and reflash the rom without wiping. If that doesn't help I'd say wipe everything 3X and flash the rom.

NightAce83 likes this.
  6. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Have you tried updating prl and profile? Also sounds like a possible network issue, does anyone else you know with sprint around you have similar issues? Just a couple extra thoughts.

NightAce83 likes this.
  7. NightAce83

NightAce83 Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    lmao....thats about all i have to say for that. Hopefully this will be my last post on this but as it would seem me and murphey's law (murph as i call him) are on very very good terms. as my coworker (also a sprint customer) came to replace me for the day i explain what happened to me and what do you know he had the same problems all day long yesterday so it would seem that it wasnt my modem flash or anything of the sort but rather a problem with my network that seems to have been felt by many a sprint customer yesterday. Of course i didnt learn this until well after i had already 3x wiped everything and reflashed the modem (needlessly i might add) in an attempt to fix a problem i didnt really have to begin with lol. i would however like to once again thank all the people who chimed in to help and a big thanks to tschofield for all of his hard work making the easy to follow videos that help all us layman make our epics truely epic. also a thanks to the devs over at acs for the insanely awsome ROMs that seem to impress over and over and over again.

8. nstg8r

nstg8r Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    NY
    I have that nonsense almost non-stop, Ace. I fixed it by installing Roam Control and setting it to roam only. Now when I'm home, I get a constant 5 bars of service from verizon :)

NightAce83 likes this.
  9. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    @nightace, glad you got it figured out. I had a similar issue myself a while back and your description was kinda familiar.

NightAce83 likes this.