• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help, my RAZR is dead!!

Bennie84

Lurker
Sep 2, 2015
So, I recently lost my MotoX , and cannot afford a new one. Unfortunately I had to buy a crappy flip phone to get by for now. I want to use my old Droid RAZR to do android stuff on Wifi, but I'm having trouble getting it to boot. Unfortunately , I can't remember what I did to put this phone into this condition. I have tried everything I've found online and nothing has worked. I have held the volume and power keys for a minute. I've wiped the cache, and done a factory reset. I've gotten into recovery mode (Android laying down with red triangle and exclamation point) and this didn't work either. I refuse to believe that it's hopeless, because I am still able to access these diagnostic screens for fastboot and recovery and all that other stuff. As you can tell, I'm not that savvy when it comes to android troubleshooting and I'm at my wits end. I'm sorry if I haven't provided enough info, but just let me know what I need to provide and I will. Can someone please help me, I'm desperate!!

Welcome to Android Forums.

Which device are you using ...
Razr
Razr Maxx
Razr HD
Razr Maxx HD​

Was it root-ed?

... Thom

It's just the regular RAZR. It's been two years since I've used this phone, and my medication really messes with my memory, but I think I attempted to root it, but I'm not certain. I guess there's no way to tell without actually booting android??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones