1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help..new Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaustubhlab, Sep 8, 2011.

1. kaustubhlab

kaustubhlab Lurker

Hi i bought a Ace two days back from Inida..i m an Indian..P..and upgraded it to 2.3.3 (S5830xxkp8) using odin software..
    Can i upgrade it to 2.3.4 using kies directly?...coz i think XXKP8 is a russian firmware..
    or I ll have to intsall an Indian firmware first? and den use Kies upgrade 2.3.4

Also when i try to install some games..it shows device memory full...but in SD card and memory it shows almost 127MB free...

Please help..
    I m new to android

2. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

There is an official 2.3.4 in your region. Why flash unnofficial buggy roms? (and voiding your warranty)?

3. kaustubhlab

kaustubhlab Lurker

yea..i dint noe it..learning it...
    so can i now reverse it..by putting 2.2.1 Indian stock version and then using kies update??

4. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

i really dont think so.... read the forum though as there are a few threads on downgrading. You could always flash a rom from samfirmware but not sure if you will be able to get official after that...

5. kaustubhlab

kaustubhlab Lurker

6. kaustubhlab

kaustubhlab Lurker

ok i downloaded the froyo asian version...but my Odin shows 'Invalid Binary error' after putting bot, phone etc...any comment on that?

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews