• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help! New phone has terrible headphone sound

If you are trying to find a new phone, take a look at the Vernee 'Apollo Lite' TBH support from Vernee is lacking,(there were a few OTA updates, and they promissed Nougat update to Last december...Never heard of them about nougat agin)

But a small developer team (M.A.D.) is working on the phone and making ROMs. Thanks to them my Apollo Lite is now rocking Android 7.1.2. Which is nice.
It says on the product page It has gorilla glass 3...I heard of multiple people that have dropped it...and yeah...don't drop it.

I bought the phone for $200, and I think is was worth it.I looked on amazon it is now $280...so IDK

Aaaand Are you in the US? Because I don't think this phone support US phone bands.
Thanks, I am in the U.S. and I loved everything else about the Desire 830 except the very restricted volume, I'm gonna search for it here and just make sure it is FCC authorized and I should be good to go. I may just find another similar one with 5.5" display (I had my previous phone for over 2 years :) ) and make sure it is 7.1.2 with Nougat. I found there are no updates for the Desire 830 to Nougat.

Upvote 0
Thing is, my family's htc devices (all EU models) don't have volume problems. My Samsung tablet gives me a warning when I turn the volume up, but that's all. Of course I don't know whether the OP's older phone was even louder. ;)
Thanks. My previous Desire 610 is more than 2 years old and with some real good Sony Buds it would blow my ears up, so the difference has to be the EU standard. I'll make sure my next one is FCC authorized cause I am certainly ready for an entire upgrade after 2 years :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones