1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

please help new to rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sheldonsingian, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sheldonsingian

okay i bought my mom a rooted phone. she knows very little about rooting so she decided she didnt like the rom she had so she did a factory data reset and cleared the sd storage. now when i go to turn it on it gets past the whtie htc evo screen then goes to the rom boot animation that says "android" then it just stays there. i can still get to fastboot and clockworkmod recovery. so what should i do to fix it?
    thanks ahead of time
    hboot screen
    revolutionary
    supersonic evt2-3 ship s-off
    hboot-6.16. 1002
    microp-041f
    touch panel-ATMELC03_16ac
    radio-2.15.00.05.02

additional': i tried the exitrecovery file but everytime i tried putting it on my sd card it says "this disk is write protected" and doesnt let me put it on the sd card

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

Welcome to Android Forums sheldonsingian:)
    I am going to move your post over to the EVO 4g forum to get you some help with the problem.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

sounds like you might have just wiped your rom clean. in clockwork mod you can still access to the sd card. there should be a usb toggle option(i do not use clockwork mod). it might be under advanced. from there you can move a rom of your choice and wipe everything but the sd card and flash the rom in recovery.

personally i would recommend that you switch recoveries first to amon ra2.3 and then flash a rom. you can get the instructions here: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. just skip the rooting process and go to the after root section.

also another way to get file over to the sd card is via a card reader.

Mikestony, sheldonsingian and gbiggie like this.
  4. sheldonsingian

i am doing the process now i will tell you what happens as soon as i am done. thank you

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

no worries. please keep us posted on how it went as well if you have any further questions.

have you picked out a rom yet?

sheldonsingian likes this.
  6. sheldonsingian

Issue is resolved your steps have gotten my phone working again thank you! I went ahead and just got 2.3.5 with sense 3.5. But I appreciate the help! If you have a Rom you'd recommend please post a link I would love to give it a try!

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Many on here use the Deck's Reloaded including myself at this time. It is a very stable ROM with virtually no quirks. I'd recommend youctry that one! Just make a nandroid and flash away...!

MizzouBrent, Mikestony and ocnbrze like this.
  8. ocnbrze

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well sese 3.5 roms are kind of buggy so be careful and read the op. i like mikg3.11 myself.

go here"http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html and check out the staff picks for some rom recommendations.

Mikestony likes this.
  9. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

For your mom go with mikg. Unless you think she would ever care about anything root related. Or evo classic.

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews