• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help; Newb. Where do I get the 2.3.4 gingerbread for my phone?

pointbobfan

Lurker
Dec 16, 2013
Patience appreciated. I have an L45C LG phone cdma with net10. I'm trying to root it because the phone company crippled the settings section of the 2.3.4 android operating system PREVENTING the user to change the time. (mine is set to 1980! not kidding - which makes running apps almost impossible). I do not want to activate the phone just to use it as a wifi device.

I found this thread here on how to root - but I'm confused on HOW to actually replace/install a non-LG version of android 2.3.4.
1) Where do I download a "clean" or uncrippled version of gingerbread 2.3.4 which would work with my phone? Thanks for help.

Rooting LG Optimus Net (LGL45C)

http://androidforums.com/optimus-net-all-things-root/476090-rooting-lg-optimus-net-lgl45c.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones