• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help!!! No Signal

Lil_Bear

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
UK
Hello Guys,

Really need your help!

I bought a Galaxy S2 last week (2nd hand), and got it unlocked, was on T-Mobile. It worked perfectly until this morning, when I lost signal, and is now showing emergency calls only. Can still get wifi and data. I have tried turning it off and back on again, taking the sim and battery out for 10 mins and putting it back in, and a factory reset. I have also tried the sim in my old galaxy Ace, and worked fine! Please tell me I can fix this!!
Thank you!
K

Hello Guys,

Really need your help!

I bought a Galaxy S2 last week (2nd hand), and got it unlocked, was on T-Mobile. It worked perfectly until this morning, when I lost signal, and is now showing emergency calls only. Can still get wifi and data. I have tried turning it off and back on again, taking the sim and battery out for 10 mins and putting it back in, and a factory reset. I have also tried the sim in my old galaxy Ace, and worked fine! Please tell me I can fix this!!
Thank you!
K

Welcome to the forums Lil_Bear :hello:

If you're in the UK I'm assuming your phone model is I9100?

It sounds to me almost like your account is not activated. How long have you had the phone? Are you sure the IMEI hasn't been blocked for some reason?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums Lil_Bear :hello:

If you're in the UK I'm assuming your phone model is I9100?

It sounds to me almost like your account is not activated. How long have you had the phone? Are you sure the IMEI hasn't been blocked for some reason?

Hello, Thank you for your reply, yes I am in the UK and had the phone 5 days...worked perfectly until today. Rang my provider who said the phone wasnt blocked but is there a way I can check. If the IMEI had been blocked would I still be able to use internet?

Upvote 0
Hello, Thank you for your reply, yes I am in the UK and had the phone 5 days...worked perfectly until today. Rang my provider who said the phone wasnt blocked but is there a way I can check. If the IMEI had been blocked would I still be able to use internet?

I don't know of a way to check except ask your carrier and they said it wasn't blocked. Maybe something happened to your APN settings. Which carrier are you with?

I'm also going to move this to the Galaxy S2 International forum. There will be more UK members there with your phone and maybe we can get you a better answer. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones