• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PLEASE HELP! optimus m factory rom

I made the mistake of deleting google talk apk, browser.apk and possibly other important files. I need help flashing the original rom back on the phone, i know most of you are probably rolling your eyes, thinking "use the search bar", I did, for hours now. My mom bought this phone for my 17th birthday last month, and shes already mad about me voiding the warranty rooting it. I also held the lock button, volume down and home button in hopes it would fix the situation, and it only made things worse. Now i do not have root explorer, and cant find the apks i need to install from the sd card. Is there anything left that i can do to recover the original rom? Please excuse my ignorance, im trying to follow all of the threads as best as i can, but am not having any luck. Thanks in Advance!

Upvote 0
I should just tell you you're screwed because you obviously didn't search and didn't even look down the list of thread on the first page in this section.

If you were rooted sounds like you had 2.2 originally.

Go to this link, get the files there and follow the directions in the videos and if it doesn't work have mommy help you.

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/273406-new-lgnpst-lab-1-2-thread-now-hd-video.html

I looked through many of the threads, watched your videos on youtube step by step, but i think there is a problem with the drivers included in your zipped files. I installed them like you said to in your videos, but the LGNPST.exe program doesnt recognize my phone like it did in your video. Is there something that im missing as far as the LGUnitedMobileDriver program is concerned? You are using windows 7, Im using my friends computer with xp. The drivers never installed like they did in the video, they popped up i the window for you and installed no problem. Is that because of 7's automatic driver update? Im sorry for being such a pain.

Upvote 0
Please give me some feedback, the driver, once done installing, says that it is successfully installed. However, i get no window to choose a language, and they seem to have no effect. I removed the file, reinstalled and tried again more than 5 times. I cant get LGNPST to recognize my phone. It shows as unknown, and none of the other data is filled either.

Upvote 0
I made the mistake of deleting google talk apk, browser.apk and possibly other important files. I need help flashing the original rom back on the phone, i know most of you are probably rolling your eyes, thinking "use the search bar", I did, for hours now. My mom bought this phone for my 17th birthday last month, and shes already mad about me voiding the warranty rooting it. I also held the lock button, volume down and home button in hopes it would fix the situation, and it only made things worse. Now i do not have root explorer, and cant find the apks i need to install from the sd card. Is there anything left that i can do to recover the original rom? Please excuse my ignorance, im trying to follow all of the threads as best as i can, but am not having any luck. Thanks in Advance!
By chance have you done a factory reset, and was it successful. That should restore the phone back to factory shipped condition. You may also need to try some different drivers, and also point to them when the window pops up to install new hardware. But reinstalling the ROM shouldn't be needed just to restore the missing/deleted APK's a factory restore/reset should do that.

Upvote 0
By chance have you done a factory reset, and was it successful. That should restore the phone back to factory shipped condition. You may also need to try some different drivers, and also point to them when the window pops up to install new hardware. But reinstalling the ROM shouldn't be needed just to restore the missing/deleted APK's a factory restore/reset should do that.

Try the drivers on this page LG Optimus M MS690 Cell Phones & Mobile Phones - LG Electronics US
They worked for me.

Upvote 0

NO. If we are talking about the same thing, "factory re-set", a.k.a. "hard" re-set, does NOT restore apps that have been deleted -- using the home, volume down and power buttons at the same time?

All a factory reset, hard reset does is delete and wipe all data that you previously installed on the device. If the apps have been deleted, that does not bring them back.

You have to restore to factory condition using external LG software from your computer -- like Andyo70's LGNST method.

Upvote 0
NO. If we are talking about the same thing, "factory re-set", a.k.a. "hard" re-set, does NOT restore apps that have been deleted -- using the home, volume down and power buttons at the same time?

All a factory reset, hard reset does is delete and wipe all data that you previously installed on the device. If the apps have been deleted, that does not bring them back.

You have to restore to factory condition using external LG software from your computer -- like Andyo70's LGNST method.
Sorry I forget that not everyone has the access to do a true Factory reset, using actual LG firmware that is not cracked/stolen or widely available. But Andyo07's method works and uses similar versions of the PST and is the best work around for the end user no doubt about it and his directions could not be any more clear. Andyo07 good job!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones