• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help out this new guy!! I am LOST!

david068513

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
Ok guys please go easy on me. I am new to the forum and new to smart phones...I have a atrix 2. I tried to put music on the phone which now shows up in "my music" the issue I have though is after I disconnected it from my computer it keeps saying perparing SD card everytime I try and go to my photos. also when I try and take a picture it doesn't show in the corner my old photos and says "please insert SD card" what did I do and how do I fix it? I tried searching but I'm not great at it. please help.

Ok now it will let me open my gallery but half my photos are gone and if I go through my camera and try and click the box to old photos nothing happens and it shows no old photos in the box.also if I try and click the photos it just brings up a black screen that says loading and it never brings it up. it won't bring up the thumbnail image of must the photos or videos either. It will play the vids though and not load the pics. if I pic photos in a app like facebook or photobucket they load fast and fine.

Upvote 0
If I go to settings and just click the tab that says data manager and then exit out. the top symbol for perparing sd card goes away and I can click the gallery again but it doesn't show all the thumbnails just a few. this time it will show the pics if I click on them but no thumbnails. if I click a image though and scroll left or right all photos and videos load fast and show up clearly.

Upvote 0
I would say you may have an sd card issue. Class 4 or 5 cards seem to work fine, but the higher class cards are not received as well by the Atrix 2 for some reason. I have a 32g class 4 sandisk that works perfectly. Others have noted that they had to buy a lower class card to fix similar issues on their phones. Sometimes being low class pays off :)
I think that is the issue. can't believe a new phone has a SD issue.. :rolleyes: lol

I guess I'll try that.

Upvote 0
Both my wife and I have Class 10 SD cards. I've never had a problem w/mine but my wife recently had similiar problems w/hers. IIRC, I pulled the SD card, did a factory reset of the phone, then formatted the SD card. The phone has been fine since then.

Turning the phone off & on was not enough in her case....
What version of Android do you guys have on your phones?

Upvote 0
I have been having the same sd card issues. Have factory reset 4 times and the problems keeps coming back. I have had this issue since I got the phone at the end of November. Android v 2.3.6 Have a 32g class 10, it was used in my HTC Inspire 4g and had no problems there.

I took the Atrix 2 into the AT&T store yesterday and have a replacement coming that is supposed to resolve this issue. Based on this thread, it sounds like this may not fix it and I will have to get a lower class card.

I will keep everyone updated as to whether I the new phone resolves this.

Upvote 0
Update time....

After receiving a replacement phone and moving down to a Class 4 32 gb sd card the sd issues are back.

I went about 3 weeks without an problems. I did a hard reset two days ago, went 1 1/2 days without any problems but it is back again.

Wish they would find a fix for this problem. Every time I have called into support they act like they haven't had anyone call in with this problem and I am the only one to have it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones