• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help - overheating & quick battery drain

stanfna

Apr 16, 2010
forgive me if this has been covered. I did a search and did not really find what I was looking for.

here is the deal...

I have an Inc. with CM7. I put my phone on the charger at night. I take it off the charger around 7am. by 11am I am at 25% battery remaining and the phone is hot to the touch. I typically don't do more than check facebook and play words with freinds while eating breakfast (maybe 10 minutes of use). i thought the battery was going bad. so i bought a new SEIDIO battery. I am getting the same results.

so my questions are as follows....

1) what could be causing this? i know the first thing you will say is an app running in the background. I have used Advanced Task Killer to see what is running and kill all the things that i do not need. (i don't have it set to autokill) so if it is an app, i can't figure out which it is.

2) can I take it back to the Verizon store to try to have it replaced? since i am ROOTED and running CM7, will they give me a hard time?

what should i do?

Thanks everyone!

If its under warrenty and you want to take it to VZW, you would have to un-root and reload the stock rom first. They won't touch the phone with CM7 on it (unless you get EXTREMELY lucky with the tech you hit).

I would try a factory reset first. of even take a nandroid bkup and re-install CM7. (run it for a few days mostly stock with only SAFE needed apps) and see if it still does it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones