• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help, Prevail stuck in airplane mode permanently.

Hey Guys, I have never experienced this symptom and this might sound silly but is there a way to create a widget for airplane mode and maybe try that as a replacement to the original setting in “wireless & networks” and see it that would work.

EDIT: Just noticed a "airplane mode" widget on the Android Market.

Upvote 0
Well if there is a file you need to replace in your phone (if you think of any) let me know by pm. I ran a version of Odin I have backed up from November.

Odin version 4.42
Tar files from November 16th.

I ran the files associated with Odin and in three minutes the phone was back to stock (rooted) .

The point is, my phone booted into airplane mode on first boot. The difference here is I can click on airplane mode and get a signal with no problems.

I

Upvote 0
Well if there is a file you need to replace in your phone (if you think of any) let me know by pm. I ran a version of Odin I have backed up from November.

Odin version 4.42
Tar files from November 16th.

I ran the files associated with Odin and in three minutes the phone was back to stock (rooted) .

The point is, my phone booted into airplane mode on first boot. The difference here is I can click on airplane mode and get a signal with no problems.

I

Upvote 0
I have a question for everybody that has this issue.... Did you flash different PRL's into your phones... not sure if it has anything to do with it ( which it prolly doesn't) but I'm just trying to make a checklist of possible causes and things to not do to possibly avoid this...
ya mine has been written to sprint prl since 3 days after I got it.
have not changed it since that time frame, probably aug was the last change.

Upvote 0
I think I did try to update to the newest Sprint PRL. But I don't know how this phones PRL's could be any differet from other boost phones.... Or how that would cause the phone to not be able to read its NV_Data properly.

Isn't there ANYBODY who knows how to fix this?
writing prl does not bother it, I wrote the prl in july or so and then again when the new one came out sept I think.
have not done it since then but it never hurt it in that timeframe.

Upvote 0
I (or my phone) did this too! It was (I think) because I wrote a cricket prl to. I tried to check status and got fcs too. So I changed the prl back to the stock one 61007 in my area -Rockinham County, NC- and did a factory reset, rebooted and checked status successfully, and ##data#, ##debug#, and ##port# worked again without fc-ing. Hope this helps someone. And thanks for the m3id and 3sn solution. This could make sticky @ xda!

Upvote 0
sorry, from CWM its /dev/block/stl5

and to set permissions on that file if you have any issues:

adb.exe shell chmod 600 /dev/block/stl5
adb.exe shell chown root:root /dev/block/stl5

if you're handy with a hex editor you can do an esn repair just by changing stl5 (the nvdata, I assume, for the prevail) just hope you don't mess up like I did.

EDIT: also, 000ing out the locations and trying to nvrequestitem write doesnt work. You have to find the reversed meid/esn, and input your meid/esn (reversed).

Hey, I could really use your help. In the midst of trying to flash Sam S2 to boost using the Prevail. I somehow erased the insides and now its stuckin airplane mode as well as random rebooting. I need to get this phone back up and running. If would be so kind as to give me a quick run down of what I need to do, that would be greatly appreciated. Please get back to me when you can. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ok I've solved this by replacing the 0 and 1943 hex files in the nvm folder with 00'd out ESN/Meid and issuing a requestnvitemwrite Meid cmd in qpst. Use halfass rom w/ diag mode properly enabled

Can you elaborate on this a bit ? My hex files don't match the ESN/Meid that I copied from diag mode. Maybe you could share a tad more on the order of operations. i don't want to mess up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones