• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help. problems!

CalvinMalik

Apr 26, 2010
Alright, so I have had my Hero all of ONE DAY, SINCE SUNDAY. You know how when you put it on standby, you can still receive texts and calls? Well, now I can't for some odd reason. I need to press the standby button to make the screen come on, then the text message will come through. This is a problem. I cannot be having late texts. The only way they will come through is if I press Standby again to make the screen light up, then the text will come. If I don't, they won't ever notify me.

Things I have done on the phone that might cause the problem:

- Yesterday, I charged for a full 4 hours because that was reccomended. I then charged it today for about.. 2 hours until it turned green. I did not charge for the reccomended 4 hours. Is this a problem?

- I plugged it into my computer to see if I could download some music from iTunes (still haven't figured out how) and I had to go, and since it was charging through the computer, I had to unplug it. I did access the "Safely Remove Hardware" thing so I didn't damage it, I hope. It wasn't fully charged.

Can anyone help?

by the way, I downloaded an app called "Lil Wayne Ringtones" and downloaded 2 songs.

I don't think the way you charged it will affect it. Try doing a factory reset. Maybe that'll help.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Im a noob so whats a factory reset and what does it do?

Going into your settings. Click on sd card & storage. Scroll down to where it says factory data reset.

It'll make your phone the same way it was when you first bought it. It'll wipe all apps, sms, mms, from your phone. Its a bit annoying but it may help.

Its the only solution I can think of. Unless someone else can think of something else.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
My Hero does a similar thing sometimes. Sometimes my phone will vibrate when I get a text but it won't play the ringtone for the text until I unlock the phone. So if I didn't notice the vibrate then it may take a while before the audio played or until I unlocked the phone for a different reason. Doesn't happen all the time. I think it seems very similar to the phone ringer lag, how everything happens in stages- lights up, then vibrates, then rings). So its likely that when getting a text the notification light flashes even sooner but unless you're staring at the phone you don't notice it.

Upvote 0
My Hero does a similar thing sometimes. Sometimes my phone will vibrate when I get a text but it won't play the ringtone for the text until I unlock the phone. So if I didn't notice the vibrate then it may take a while before the audio played or until I unlocked the phone for a different reason. Doesn't happen all the time. I think it seems very similar to the phone ringer lag, how everything happens in stages- lights up, then vibrates, then rings). So its likely that when getting a text the notification light flashes even sooner but unless you're staring at the phone you don't notice it.

I had i similar problem with text messaging. I downloaded the handcent sms app and it cleared that up for me. Also turning off then back on a regular basis seemed to help as well.

Upvote 0
I had i similar problem with text messaging. I downloaded the handcent sms app and it cleared that up for me. Also turning off then back on a regular basis seemed to help as well.

I also use Handcent so thats not a fix for the problem. But whether or not you have large message threads at the time could be a factor. I use SMS Backup to save texts to my gmail account so I can delete them from my phone but still have them saved.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for replying. Im not sure what Im going to do about this -- I doubt I am going to take it back because of the long lines (lol) and im lazy. I guess Ill wait a little bit and maybe it's a temporary glitch or some shit. I'll just deal with it for now. I have my phone around me usually so It should be okay. Just kind of a hassle. Brand new phone and already ****ing up? Kinda pisses me off you know? My old phone ****ed up soo bad it deleted all my contacts and pics and alot more. It even ****ed up my contacts soo bad I couldn't make new ones correctly. This phone has been with me since Sunday and is already doing weird shit. Sigh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones