• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help! Question about deleted messages, backups, etc.

I want to know how long Google cloud/drive keeps deleted text messages. I deleted a whole text convo between my ex and I then backed up the phone. I’m getting a new phone soon and don’t want that convo on the new device. will I be good?
you should be fine. once they are deleted you will not see them on your end. however, they do get stored for an x amount of time on a server somewhere.....mainly to be used by government agencies aiding them in investigations. but these you will never see on your end.....especially if you are getting a new phone.

Upvote 0
you should be fine. once they are deleted you will not see them on your end. however, they do get stored for an x amount of time on a server somewhere.....mainly to be used by government agencies aiding them in investigations. but these you will never see on your end.....especially if you are getting a new phone.

gotcha thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

hey sorry i have a quick question, google drive claims it doesn’t back up mms (sent photos/videos) but does back up sms. however i deleted the whole conversation so that wouldn’t change the fact that it’s gone right?

Upvote 0
hey sorry i have a quick question, google drive claims it doesn’t back up mms (sent photos/videos) but does back up sms. however i deleted the whole conversation so that wouldn’t change the fact that it’s gone right?
ummmm did i not answer your question in my previous post? if you have the convo in google drive....then just delete it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones