• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help: question about twitter and facebook apps

Since I like official apps, I installed the Twitter app on my Desire. With Peep and FriendStream, I now effectively have three apps that check twitter and two for Facebook. While I don't mind having two or three apps that do the same thing, I do have a question about syncing and self updating. In my Accounts & Sync menu I have not one but two twitter accounts, one made by Friendstream/Peep and the other by the official App. One twitter account is set just to sync contacts, the other to "sync tweet" and "sync friend" (not sure what 'sync friend' is, possibly the same thing as sync contacts).

Basically, my question is - is it a bigger drain on the battery to have the official Twitter app installed alongside Friendstream/Peep/FB for Sense? And which one should be set to check for updates? Or both?

And are there any advantages to using the official Twitter app instead of Peep?

Also, if you don't have any widgets from these apps placed on your desktops, do you need to run these apps and leave them running in the background to get status updates? I noticed that when I have the FB app running I get status notifications in the notification bar, but if I kill it via task killer - I do not.

Any clarification will help :) Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones