• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help remove potential spyware.

TheGhost

Lurker
Oct 15, 2014
Im not to good with the tech stuff. I recently think I have had someone add spy ware to my droid. How do I find if any spyware has been added to my phone. Also how do I delete all or any spyware on my droid. Please help. I am new to this forum so don't bash me to much. I am not really good with the new tech stuff. I know how to browse in incognito mode. I just want to know how do you hide all internet activities from snooping spouses, friends, and what not?

The first thing is to know why you think there is spyware on your phone and how you think it might have been added. It's very difficult to add such stuff without access to the phone itself (or at least your Google account details).

I don't hide my Internet activities particularly (my family know the screen lock code), but as I always carry my phone nobody else gets to poke through it.

Upvote 0
More likely is someone gained access to one of your accounts either by hacking your password or by using a device where your credentials are saved. Change your passwords, make them strong and then see if the problems go away.

If you're really sure there's something on your phone and you're not rooted. A factory reset should clear it out.

Upvote 0
Well one reason I suspect that something is up because I was browsing the internet in icognito mode. I was on craigslist and numerous times and my wife who I never said anything to about these adds would drop a slight hint that she knows. I also bought a few items on amazon and she knew about them I shipped them to a friends house on a pre paid credit card. It was a gift. Thats why I think I have a snooping spouse. My buddy can't stand my wife and never talks to her.

Upvote 0
Good suggestions. By all means, do look for the clues mentioned, including suspicious running apps or processes.

But don't get a false sense of security by inspecting running services:
1-apps can sleep and wake themselves up based on an o.s. event or a time schedule.
2-the name may be disguised to look like a system app
3-there may be other tricks for hiding.

Modern professional spyware apps are said to be virtually undetectable.

Upvote 0
Im not to good with the tech stuff. I recently think I have had someone add spy ware to my droid. How do I find if any spyware has been added to my phone. Also how do I delete all or any spyware on my droid. Please help. I am new to this forum so don't bash me to much. I am not really good with the new tech stuff. I know how to browse in incognito mode. I just want to know how do you hide all internet activities from snooping spouses, friends, and what not?
I had the same problem, My boyfriend had downloaded mobile GO on my phone without telling me...I factory restores my phone and downloaded a root verifier after that to see if there was still something on it. Looks clean for now as best I can tell. He's really getting creepy though. I think that's over the top..

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, My boyfriend had downloaded mobile GO on my phone without telling me...I factory restores my phone and downloaded a root verifier after that to see if there was still something on it. Looks clean for now as best I can tell. He's really getting creepy though. I think that's over the top..

If you are talking about Mobilego from Wondershare, I don't know that I'd necessarily call that spyware. It's just really a suite of utilities that allow communicating between a PC and the phone via Wifi.

I am curious though ...Does anyone know if a file under apps "Android System" is a malicious file?

It is what it says, part of the Android system. Don't delete that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones